Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many runs the last 3 aussie partnerships can get will be crucial to the outcome of this match

The reason I'm not overly impressed by Gilo's delivery is that its like being impressed by a right arm paceman delivering a ball that pitches outside off and hits leg. Noone should have been surprised by where this ball went, least of all the batsman. I digress, though.

I'm saying that, while the pressure and aggression have been good, none of it can account for Warne being our best batsman.

Anyway, what's the weather like? Will we get much play today?

Covers are just coming off and they're hopeful of some play soonish, dependant on any more rain of course. Fingers crossed.

I couldn't believe the scorecard when I saw it yesterday. And Warne is showing again how to bat :laugh. Nowadays he almost needs to do the things himself. Bowl all the batsmen out and score all the runs.

Match is predicted to be underway after an hour.

angryangy said:
The reason I'm not overly impressed by Gilo's delivery is that its like being impressed by a right arm paceman delivering a ball that pitches outside off and hits leg. Noone should have been surprised by where this ball went, least of all the batsman. I digress, though.

I'm saying that, while the pressure and aggression have been good, none of it can account for Warne being our best batsman.

Anyway, what's the weather like? Will we get much play today?

hardly a bad ball though.

the problem is australia have not played against a good bowling attack like england in the past 10-15 years, and to a result of that they are struggling against the english bowlers

jazz said:
the problem is australia have not played against a good bowling attack like england in the past 10-15 years, and to a result of that they are struggling against the english bowlers

I don't agree on this. I know the Aussies had to face once the bowling attack of Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Shoaib Akhtar and Saqlain Mushtaq. This isn't a bad bowling attack. :rolleyes:

And there is a reason why Australia didn't beat India on home soil till a couple of years ago.

But if you say they haven't faced good bowling attacks in 4-5 years, then I could agree on it.

Hey, I was just about to say that. Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar are scarier bowlers than England's in my book.

Against these teams, though, they were able to construct not only competitive totals, but quite formidable ones. Against England, they are not even constructing a respectable total.

angryangy said:
Hey, I was just about to say that. Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar are scarier bowlers than England's in my book.

Against these teams, though, they were able to construct not only competitive totals, but quite formidable ones. Against England, they are not even constructing a respectable total.

Yes, but did Akram, Younis and Akhtar play as well as Englands bowlers are? Also, did they have plans for the Aussie batsmen.

angryangy said:

Personally I don't think it's the England bowlers who are performing 'well'. It's just the underperformances of the Australian batsmen. I mean even Warne is getting higher scores then their top batsmen. Don't you guys think something is wrong? :rolleyes:

I agree and disagree with all the guys who say its the Australian batsmen underperforming rather than the English bowlers bowling superbly well. I think that the biggest asset of this England bowling lineup is their depth . There is no bowler in the English ranks who can be targetted . The Australians have underperformed to some extent as well.Matty Hayden and Justin Langer have been pillars of strength for the Australian batting lineup . With them going early, we now see that the Australian middle order suddenly looks vulnerable. Ponting is not the best starter and so are Martyn and Clarke . I feel that this is the first time we are missing a bloke named Steve Waugh . He was the man who rescued Australia all these years from those crisis situation .
I cannot explain why the Australians are losing wickets to Ashley Giles . Martyn and Katich played quality spin of Harbhajan and Kumble on the turning tracks in India with conviction but they look nowhere near the same batsmen now .
In fact Katich and Martyn where the main factors for Australia conquering the `Final Frontier` .

I feel that if Australia keep the lead down to 130 , we`ll have a match on our hands . The rain at the moment seems to have come to their rescue. It has already rescued Australia once against India at Chennai last year .

ZexyZahid said:
Personally I don't think it's the England bowlers who are performing 'well'. It's just the underperformances of the Australian batsmen. I mean even Warne is getting higher scores then their top batsmen. Don't you guys think something is wrong? :rolleyes:

Spot on while England bowlers are doing brillantly, its the Aussie batters that aren't respecting England. Even McGrath is going better than most of the batters. When he gets out he will have the 2nd highest average after Warne probably.

They are loosin wickets cauz they r not givin respect to Eng bowlers. They dont give respect to any bowler. That was thier strenght, but now good bowling has to be respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread