Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on no respect what so ever. I wouldn't mind them not respecting bowlers if they were at their peaks but they are miles off that.

woohoo...thought id never say this but thank god for the rain!!!!:upray

i belive its a mixture of both...The English team as a whole is performing brilliantly and the Aussies....well what can we say, there whole tour of England has been pathetic and they dont seem like they are going to improve :mad:

Get rid of Gillespie, Clarke(only due to injury) and Katich and bring in some new young firepower..

Also bring back Lehmann! He's a genius in the field and a cool headed batsman.

The pitch at OT is one of the quickest drainers in the world iirc.

angryangy said:
Hey, I was just about to say that. Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar are scarier bowlers than England's in my book.

Against these teams, though, they were able to construct not only competitive totals, but quite formidable ones. Against England, they are not even constructing a respectable total.

But back when they were playing The Waughs were playing weren't they?

Well, yeah Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis have retired a while ago, but the point is most of these players have faced formidable bowling to far greater effect. Langer, Ponting and Gilchrist were playing when Pak toured Aus in 1999. Martyn, Katich and Clarke were stars in the recent Border-Gavaskar Trophy. Hayden rose to prominence in India in 2001.

Pitch inspection scheduled for 3.30pm BST.

And there is some other information: there are four extra runs for a no-ball that went to the boundary but Bucknor didn't signal it then. Australia now need just 31 runs to avoid the follow-on.

just heard that play starts at 4pm ( assuming no more rain). Last session will be 2 1/2 hrs.

Some other information of BBC: Play can continue until 1900 BST on Saturday and Sunday, when an early start - at 1000 - will be made.

Well in my opinion, England have been doing their homework well. They have detected the weaknesses of the Aussie batsman, and within their limitations have tried to execute their plan accordingly. And they have done it well.

I think the Aussies are indeed having problems facing Andrew Flintoff, Steve Harmison, Simon Jones, Matthew Hoggard and Ashley Giles. Its not that Giles is a better bowler than Harbhajan, but he offers variation to this English bowling attack. You have Simon Jones or Andrew Flintoff bowling from the other end, and then suddenly Giles produces his variably paced (mostly non-spinners) deliveries.

I think this England bowling attack as a whole is what is troubling Australia. This is something that they havent faced in the last 4-5 years. And lets face it, the Aussie batsmen themselves have confessed, that it is very hard to face Andrew Flintoff.

This is first time in a long while, that the Aussies are up against a strong team, rather than a group of good individuals.

Good to see that play has started. We will have play till 1900 today, tomorrow and if required on Monday as well. Also the days 4 and 5 will start half an hour. So roughly we can make up atleast 4 hours.

angryangy said:
Still not explaining Warne's prowess as a batsman though.
Well logically they'd spend a lot less time planning for him than they have for the top order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread