Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
this test reminded me a bit of third test that India won in 2001 where bowlers had to finish the chase..

I'm now worried about facing england at home after our recent performances :rolleyes:

great performances by both teams..I think great cricket should be appreciated regardless of which team one supports..

I've missed most of this one again due to work and other such things :(
Sounds like a great match though - I think it's worth remembering that however 'dominant' England have been in the last three tests they've only just won two of them by the skin of their teeth.

I think missed chances in the field has a great deal to do with that..

I hope Australia win the last test. A draw would be good. Australia don't deserve to win it but also I don't think they deserve to lose. They have been outplayed in 2 tests but things havn't gone in their favor at all.

All credit to England though. I never would of thought they would have stood a chance and they probably wouldn't of if Australia were in better form. The whole resting bowler thing has been a good idea, it is a little sad in my opinion but they arn't breaking any rules. Any team can do it if they want. Also attacking Gillespie has been very smart. Gillespie hasn't even been bowling badly. His stats are bad but its not like all the runs are comming off half volleys or anything. And so now they have forced Australia to swap him for Tait who is on debut. They have also studied the Australian batters, Vaughan has used some innovative fields which have paid off.

The umpiring in this ashes hasn't been good enough, its hard for umpires in the kind of pressure and huge crowds etc. but it has been match costing.

Last edited:
For the first time in ages we are seeing umpires favoiring the other side. Usually they favour Aus but this series it has been the opposite.

I honestly don't think you can say the umpires have 'favoured' England; it's that more of the close decisions have gone England's way. I don't believe Bucknor or Aleem Dar, when England appealed for Martyn's or Ponting's lbw, thought "Ooh, it's close, did he hit it first? Well, as it's England I think I'll give them the benefit."
There's no doubt however that England so far have had the rub of the green when it's come to the close decisions, (Katich's was a shocker), but there have been some dodgy decisions against us too. Who's to say Aus may not have such decisions go their way at The Oval?

They don't favour anyone, they just absolutely suck- someone has to lose out from a bad decision, unfortunately the last few times it's been us

Agreed there Brad (hope you enjoyed the match btw ;) ).
How long before Hawkeye or the like is used in lbw decisions, and the snicko in thin edge decisions?

jonah said:
Agreed there Brad (hope you enjoyed the match btw ;) ).
How long before Hawkeye or the like is used in lbw decisions, and the snicko in thin edge decisions?
Best thing about you guys is you don't know how to win properly, so I either get to watch an Aussie win or a close game. I'm certainly not opposed to the use of technology, but there's no way that umpires should be making this many mistakes anyway- the Katich one in particular was absolutely horrific, competent umpires would make assistance look a lot less necessary.

Congrats to all England fans. They played very well. Its nice to see everybody in the team performing. They fully deserve to win the Ashes. Lot has been said before the Ashes but England played Great Cricket under pressure.

Personally, I am very happy for English fans, they were at the receiving end for years but now its their turn as England outplayed Aussies. Its has been a great series and every match was close, but i would say England was always in the Driving seat in all the test matches except the one which they lost.

Congrats to all England fans as well as to all those who enjoyed the series.

:cheers

Ive seen some great and exciting Cricket. This has been a good series and theres still 1 to go.

Shailesh said:
this test reminded me a bit of third test that India won in 2001 where bowlers had to finish the chase..

I'm now worried about facing england at home after our recent performances :rolleyes:

great performances by both teams..I think great cricket should be appreciated regardless of which team one supports..

Tut tut, your sig. is too big... :rolleyes:

Warney has finally come out and openly shows smoking. That is why he won't be Aus captain you can't have that type of image as the captain of the next most important position in Aus after the PM.

kalyan said:
Congrats to all England fans. They played very well. Its nice to see everybody in the team performing. They fully deserve to win the Ashes. Lot has been said before the Ashes but England played Great Cricket under pressure.

Personally, I am very happy for English fans, they were at the receiving end for years but now its their turn as England outplayed Aussies. Its has been a great series and every match was close, but i would say England was always in the Driving seat in all the test matches except the one which they lost.

Congrats to all England fans as well as to all those who enjoyed the series.

:cheers

Well said, we have claerly out played them in the last three tests. This shows imo that England are becomming a better team than Australia. A win or draw at the oval will emphasise this more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread