Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Annihilation66 said:
Well done England

Aussies show how good they are again. I dont care if England win series 3-1 aussies are the best in the world.

Just imagine if McGrath was there today

Maybe so but both teams far superior to India. that's a cert

what are u argueing about. i support india but in this series im supporting australia

dazza76 said:
Maybe so but both teams far superior to India. that's a cert
Not unless u beat us at home in the winter

angryangy said:
no, but then i never claimed to support any teams other than australia.
I guess I'm the polar opposite-I have claimed to support any team other than Austrailia :p

Wow what a terrific game. Terrible for the nerves. Australia really pused it all the way, and well played to Warne and Lee who were amazing in the second innings. But in the end the best team won.

Can england win or draw at the oval to win the ashes? Lets hope so!

Another great match! Personally I would say some umpiring decisions cost Australia the match. But that's all cricket. It's part of the game.

Let's hope England and Australia have both their best eleven fit for the next match. Because I don't want to hear excuses, like that somebody was injured and that's why the opposite side has won the match.

10 days now seem to be a long wait now. :(

Annihilation66 said:
what are u argueing about. i support india but in this series im supporting australia

Not unless u beat us at home in the winter

beating India in India is no big mean feat now! Its going to be easier than ever before. Low in confidence team and they have lost that home superiority also. England might find it easier to beat India at home than beating Australia anywhere!

ZexyZahid said:
Another great match! Personally I would say some umpiring decisions cost Australia the match. But that's all cricket. It's part of the game.

Let's hope England and Australia have both their best eleven fit for the next match. Because I don't want to hear excuses, like that somebody was injured and that's why the opposite side has won the match.

10 days now seem to be a long wait now. :(
Yep both sides on form and umpires on form will make for a great match

Even though England played well t
hose decisions cost Australia the game for me.

Lets no go down the let's blame the umpires road. There is a million and one things that happen in a game that effect the result.
Dodgy decisions are a fact of life but the reason Australia lost and have been outplayed for most of this series is because they are not playing to there full ability and for once they are playing an England team who wont lie down and have a few stars of there own.

IMO Australia were not expecting this kind of a response from England in the Ashes. I mean they have been beating the stuffing outta them for the past 12 years or something (correct me if I am wrong). No doubt they had been on the look-out but not expecting this kind of a fightback from the English.

The surprise star for England should be Simon Jones here. Flintoff and Pieterson were known and all, but Jones has really matured in this form of the game. His bowling, and batting, too have been of great importance to England. Australia would have least expected a so-called Jones to suddenly come out of nowhere and wipe them out two times :D

The Aussies need to drop Hayden. He is having a type of run, Ganguly was having not long ago (but atleast Hayden got starts!). He was forced into a break, and returned to international cricket with a 50. Why not give Hodge a go?

Good win by England they were clearly the better side. If only Clarke stayed patient and of course that certain decision. Then you could also go back to that dreadful run out. So many factors went against Aus. With all this I finally HOPE that the real Australia will stand up.

Clarke and Katich showed what the Aussie batters should be doing. Now its time for them to do it. Hayden has to be dropped we can't risk him getting out for 30 again. Bring up Hussey or even Jaques.

The_gas said:
Wow what a terrific game. Terrible for the nerves. Australia really pused it all the way, and well played to Warne and Lee who were amazing in the second innings. But in the end the best team won.

Can england win or draw at the oval to win the ashes? Lets hope so!

Yes, terrible for the nerves, especially whilst eating a curry!!! :D

Long term weather forecast says continuous rain in South London from Thursday 8th Sept to Mon 12th Sept.....oh, hold on, I just woke up from a lovely dream ;) .
What a game though. Credit to both teams for another stunning match (how cool were Gilo and Hoggy at the end? :eek: ). I can't remember seeing Test match cricket played with this much continuous intensity over such a long period before.
Great stuff :cheers

Brilliant game, really incredible, and i think the end was fitting, England winning after outplaying Australia, but Australia putting up a good fight.

You know what's going to happen now, the groundsmen at the Oval are going to prepare a completely flat rock hard pitch, suited for batting a long long time, and suited to Harmison, Flintoff and Jones, assuming he's fit, which is also crucial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread