Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Stuart MacGill play a part in the Ashes Series?

Ashish_Nehra said:
people could be hurt badly by bodlyine, i get it.

in c2k4 a rule does not allow 5+ fielders on leg side and 2+ fileders behind square leg this does not allow leg side field so no bodyline
Your a genius...... :clap

squiz said:
Of course he will.......He'll be the best drinks carrier ever to grace the cricket field :p
Hmmmm,he's not athletic enough.He'll prolly just be sippin' champagne instead of actually bringing out the drinks.Stupid Git(i love this word :happy ).

lol no seriously is there any chance of him playing at Old Trafford?

Right England fans, lets be realistic.

You're no chance in hell.

You say you've beaten excellent, high quality oppositon in the last few years. I don't know about you but I don't excatly hold the West Indies and Bangladesh in "excellent" regard. New Zealand, while not as bad as those two, are pathetic. SA in SA was an ok achievement, but SA are nowhere near the power they once were.

Your bright new hopes in Strauss, Flintoff and Pietersen are, apart from Flintoff who's ok, overrated. Strauss has made runs against weak, pathetic opposition. His average of 55 will sharply drop after this series. Pietersens made runs in County Cricket, hell even Stuart Law can make runs there. He made runs in ODI but don't get excited over that. He's yet to face one SK Warne.

This idea that the new players will help because they haven't got defeat after defeat in their minds merely means we have a whole new generation to scar. Face it England, you won't come within a bulls roar until the Ashes are secure with us once more.

Do shut up.

Flintoff, ok?

Best all rounder in world cricket.

The achievement of the win in RSA agaisnt RSA was brilliant. Only one team ahve done that beforeand that was Australia.

Pietersen overrated?

Un-proven at Test level. Brilliant in ODIs. Averages 80 with a strike rate over 100.

New Zealand, Pathetic?

Not the best in the world but still a good side.

Australia are the best side in the world, but we ARE closing the gap.

Another thign jarryD he has faced SK Warne, in the nets dippy.

I don't think England can be called as no.1 if they just beat aus.
they have to do everything

beat India in india
lanka in lanka
pak in pak,...

According to the LC ICC World Ratings, Flintoff is the best ODI all-rounder, but Kallis is the best Test all-rounder. And according to the LG ICC Test rankings, New Zealand are pathetic :p

I agree with you Ashish Australia will win the Ashes, but England won't get thrashed.

Last 9 meeting between England and Australia.

England won 4, Australia won 3, Tied 1 No result 1.

England vs Australia in Test in England.

Matches Eng Aus Draw Series Eng Aus Draw
146 41 45 60 34 15 15 4

I never said England were better than aus, we aren't better but we are the second best test team in the world.

Australia will win 3-1/3-2.

Ashish_Nehra said:
I don't think England can be called as no.1 if they just beat aus.
they have to do everything

beat India in india
lanka in lanka
pak in pak,...

We play India and Pakistan away this Winter iirc.

Should be a good contest.

Who can Kallis be a better test all rounder? He couldn't bowl to save his life when we were over there, he averaged about 70 bowling.

73 but he did have quite a few catches dropped.

His form is back now though. His 5 for in the ODIs was brilliant.

Sureshot said:
Do shut up.

Flintoff, ok?

Best all rounder in world cricket.

The achievement of the win in RSA agaisnt RSA was brilliant. Only one team ahve done that beforeand that was Australia.

Pietersen overrated?

Un-proven at Test level. Brilliant in ODIs. Averages 80 with a strike rate over 100.

New Zealand, Pathetic?

Not the best in the world but still a good side.

Australia are the best side in the world, but we ARE closing the gap.

Another thign jarryD he has faced SK Warne, in the nets dippy.
Firstly, yes NZ are pathetic. Any country that has McGrath make 50 against them IS pathetic.

We beat SA when they were good.

I said "other than Flintoff", hence saying Flintoff IS good.

Faced him in the nets pfft. That doesn't count.

Any other questions?

SA played Smith, Kallis and Gibbs 3 world class batsmen.

Ntini and Pollock are very good bowlers.

You played them 2 years ago? A Team doesn't go downhill that quickly.

England Line Up Confirmed.

Vaughan
Trescothick
Strauss
bell
Pietersen
Flintoff
Jones
GIles
Jones
Harmison
hoggard.

and in the nets i bet Warne still tests batsmen i bet he doesn't bowl juicy full tosses.

Day One will be crucial . As Harmisson said , if the mood in the English camp on July 21 at 6 P.M is buoyant , they would stand a chance . It does not always happen likewise though . Australia were 263/1 at the end of day one in the 2003 GABBA Test but the series turned with the help of a 5er from Z.Khan and superb batting by Ganguly and Co . I think England would need something similar to compete against Australia . Australia have lost just 2 of their last 20 test matches and both of them to India .
England have been outstanding as well in tet cricket though I voice same sentiments as JarryD . West Indies and New Zealand are not the best oppositions in test cricket . South Africa are decent but not what they were 2 years ago. They lost 1-0 to India just before the series loss to England .
The Ashes is the first big challenge for the England side . They have quite a few coming up this season with tough tours to India and Pakistan lined up . India V England will be the test series for the fight for the 2nd spot .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread