Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayden made a handy 75 as well. The two downers are Clarke's form, and Katich's little time in the middle

Nice to see how all the Australians are doing well over here!!!! Even the one's not in the test team are enjoying taking apart our county bowlers, Symonds hit a century for Lanacashire on debut yesterday, as did Watson for Hampshire!!! while two of our important players for next week, Vaughan and Pietersen sit on the sidelines nursing little injuries to save themselves.

God help us.

Aus re-gaining their form ....good for them....england have to fight back ....the series would be (hopefully after the one day series) more tough .....the best team will win....mentally aus are more tough ..they play mind games

Just 3 days until the biggest sporting event of the year.

england likely team:

trescothick
Strauss
Bell
Vaughan
Pietersen
Flintoff
Jones
Giles
Hoggard
Jones
harmison

Sureshot said:
Just 3 days until the biggest sporting event of the year.

england likely team:

trescothick
Strauss
Bell
Vaughan
Pietersen
Flintoff
Jones
Giles
Hoggard
Jones
harmison

I think they should put Bell at 5. He's a similar sort of player to Thorpe in my opinion, so to me it would make sense to put him at 5.

So:
Trescothick
Strauss
Vaughan
Pietersen
Bell
Flintoff
G Jones
Giles
Hoggard
S Jones
Harmison

Briggsey said:
Nice to see how all the Australians are doing well over here!!!! Even the one's not in the test team are enjoying taking apart our county bowlers, Symonds hit a century for Lanacashire on debut yesterday, as did Watson for Hampshire!!! while two of our important players for next week, Vaughan and Pietersen sit on the sidelines nursing little injuries to save themselves.

God help us.
Lack of confidence. Just what we dont need at the moment.

Cheer up buddy!!

stevie said:
I think they should put Bell at 5. He's a similar sort of player to Thorpe in my opinion, so to me it would make sense to put him at 5.

So:
Trescothick
Strauss
Vaughan
Pietersen
Bell
Flintoff
G Jones
Giles
Hoggard
S Jones
Harmison

Tough call. As Vaughan made his name at the top.

Sureshot said:
Tough call. As Vaughan made his name at the top.

True, but I can't see Fletcher and Vaughan dropping Strauss or Trescothick down the order.

I think an interesting batting line-up would be (not just for this series):

Strauss
Vaughan
Trescothick
Pietersen
Bell

That way, say Strauss and Vaughan put on 100 or so, and one gets out, the ball is worn, he can go after it more than what he could opening, with less risk. Another way of looking at it is that you have what is basically another opener coming in if we lose an early wicket.

The problem with this is Michael Vaughan doesn't fill me with confidence early on is his innings as he always looks like getting out (same could go for Tresco, but Vaughan looks more likely to get out to me)! Once he's in I could watch him for days on end, but thats not been happening very often in recent times.

http://www.channel4.com/news/weather/uk_city.jsp?city=London

5 day forecast for London for the game. Looks like no rain breaks, light shouldn't be a problem either.

Vaughan didn't look that bad in the ODIs. Hit a lovely 50+* in the win. Unlucky to get out lbw in the challenge and got himself run out. But looked in ok touch for him in a ODI.

I expect him to average 40+ in the tests.

I heard recently that Australia has only lost once to england at Lords?Is this true?I would like to see the first test match be a walk over,in favour of Aus,so that you poms don't get to cocky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread