Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having waited until 12:50 in the mornin to watch the highlights, I couldn't help but sit and drool over the Aussie batting. Gilchrist was simply awesome and Ponting again looked in good touch.

There were a couple of good things England can take out of the game:
1. The performance of Pietersen - he kept his head when all around lost theirs (also a very played to Vikram Solanki).

2. The recovery - it was a super effort to make 228 considering it was 93-6 at one stage. All the credit must go to Pietersen, Solanki and Ashley Giles at the end of the innings. It was never going to be enough to win the game, but the fact we didn't roll over is good.

Finally, full credit to the Australian's, you well and truly whipped our backsides!

Couple of questions though:
1. Does Darren Gough still have a place in the England team after Tuesday's performance.
2. If not, who gets the spot?

BarmyUK said:
I was there!! It was a good match but sadly England did not perform, i vote 100% to get rid of Vaughen from the ODI side, he averages 28 and his highest score is 90*. Well batted Pietersen and Solanki, the 6 KP hit which kasprowicz caught over the boundary was just near me :D

What was Gilchrist doing when he got a century??? He looked like some immature kid scoring a century for the first time, same when they won...
Well it was his first ODI century in about 18 months i think, and it's always great when we absolute belt England so why wouldn't you be happy?

stevie said:
Having waited until 12:50 in the mornin to watch the highlights, I couldn't help but sit and drool over the Aussie batting. Gilchrist was simply awesome and Ponting again looked in good touch.

There were a couple of good things England can take out of the game:
1. The performance of Pietersen - he kept his head when all around lost theirs (also a very played to Vikram Solanki).

2. The recovery - it was a super effort to make 228 considering it was 93-6 at one stage. All the credit must go to Pietersen, Solanki and Ashley Giles at the end of the innings. It was never going to be enough to win the game, but the fact we didn't roll over is good.

Finally, full credit to the Australian's, you well and truly whipped our backsides!

Couple of questions though:
1. Does Darren Gough still have a place in the England team after Tuesday's performance.
2. If not, who gets the spot?

Maybe James Anderson, if successful at his county this year. I think Gough probably still has his place, he's just gone through a bitof bad form, like Harmision in SA.

Come on Barmy UK, if you scored a century for England and Whipped Australia, your telling me you wouldn't celebrate like that? I would! :D

Last edited:
It's weird Gilchrist only has one more ODI century than Trescothick in over 100 more innings plus Tres averages 2 more.

I would still pick Gilly though.

Sureshot said:
It's weird Gilchrist only has one more ODI century than Trescothick in over 100 more innings plus Tres averages 2 more.

I would still pick Gilly though.
Not really surprising, Gilly gets sent out with a license to hit because he has a great batting lineup behind him, so it makes little difference if he gets out for 40 rather than going on

True but it does surprise me that his averages differ inTests and ODIs is nearly 20!

He bats down the order in test matches,so by the time he gets in, aus are usually fairly well set,and he doesn't need to take to many risks.And there aren't as many people on the boundary.

Well thats because he bats at number 7, and often he remains not out when the aussies

1. romp home with an innings victory
2. declare
3. gilly runs out of partners at the other end

also he can pretty much bat freely always as the aussies are usually 300+ when he comes to bat.

England are going to be much stronger than suspected although Austrailia will still win most probably but not quite so easily as people think.

The Austrailia v the rest of the world match will be a real test for them

My heart says we have a great chance.

My brain says either 3-1 Aus or a 2-2 draw.

Will be very tight though.

Trouble for England already and the series doesnt even start until Thursday!

Langer, Ponting and Martyn have all hit centuries in their final warm up game against Leciestershire!!!!

Be worried!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread