Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
duffarama said:
Exactly Brad, and as the commentators said: not once this series has Shane Warne bowled one over chest high. Not sure how Warney could injury a batsman anyway.

Man you guys are breaking my heart :crying :crying :crying

1 thing ill give you seen as the English have outthought you all summer

I bet Brett Lee would swing it like a boomerang at a much reduced pace :eek:

brad352 said:
Because we want to win... We were offered the light on account of it being dangerous, we declined. England however should not be offered the light as it is in no way dangerous, we have spinners bowling to try and make a game of it.
Spot on. I guess you have to work out what the word 'dangerous' means in the laws.
Is it dangerous in the chance of getting injured, or dangerous in the likelyhood of losing a wicket/series? ;)

duffarama said:
Spot on. I guess you have to work out what the word 'dangerous' means in the laws.
Is it dangerous in the chance of getting injured, or dangerous in the likelyhood of losing a wicket/series? ;)

WHINGING POMMS hahahaahahahahah :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

I cant wait to listen to 2ky Sydney tonight man they whinge for NSW
By the way why is Melbourne SEN offline ?
They are a bunch of caketakers too :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

Last edited:
Yorkie Lion said:
WHINGING POMMS hahahaahahahahah :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p
Looks like light hasn't improved and they won't be coming back on.

Funny that there is a match being played 4 miles away from the Oval: Middlesex and Glamorgan. No bad light issues! :D

duffarama said:
Looks like light hasn't improved and they won't be coming back on.

Funny that there is a match being played 4 miles away from the Oval: Middlesex and Glamorgan. No bad light issues! :D
With fast bowlers operating too ;)

Anyway, that's enough complaining for one night, I think I'll give up on further play and go to bed

brad352 said:
With fast bowlers operating too ;)

Anyway, that's enough complaining for one night, I think I'll give up on further play and go to bed

Guys im getting Emotional please i havent cried since Bouncer died
I feel, a song" Dont Go Breaking My Heart " heheheehh

Come on guys theres always next time ooops Shane and Glen wont last forever
ENGLAND TO RULE FOR at least 6 years ahhh The warm glow inside :D :D :D

andrew_nixon said:
You'd be entitled to say that if England had already won the Ashes. But we haven't, and we haven't even dominated this series.

man get a sense of humour we are having the craic :cool:

We havent dominated the series :noway :noway :noway you may have a degree in cricket mate
but i have to disagree also im from Barnsley and its scientifically proved that guys from South Yorkshire are smarter than guys from Lancashire
its a fact man look in the books ;) ;) ;)

andrew_nixon said:
You'd be entitled to say that if England had already won the Ashes. But we haven't, and we haven't even dominated this series.

No, but if we win the Ashes we will have beaten the best team in the world. I think that the tour of India/ Pakistan will decide if england have become the best team in the world.

themuel1 said:
No, but if we win the Ashes we will have beaten the best team in the world. I think that the tour of India/ Pakistan will decide if england have become the best team in the world.

I agree with you man spot on and the shape India are in England have a great chance
i have a feeling Pakistan might be the tougher opponent

Keedy for second spinner ?

themuel1 said:

...and the return series in Aus next year.

My views on the light is that the problem has been partially of Australia's own making. They chose to go off in simular conditions on friday and saturday night therefore the umpires are right to offer the light to England now.
As for the danger issue, the C4 team have pointed out that the word 'physical' was removed from the law thus implying that danger did not have to defined purely as physical. The interpretation the umpires have chosen is that it isn't fair for the English batsmen to be expected to pick up Warne in very poor light. Personally I think that it isn't fair for the English batsmen to be expected to pick up Warne in any light and he should be banned from playing but that's a different matter.
It's also worth remembering that, as a result of England enjoying a 1st innings lead for the 4th time in the series they're marginally ahead in the game especially as Australia will have to bat last. It's not as if bad light/weather is denying Aus in a winning position as happened to England at Old Trafford, merely that it denies that the chance to get into a winning condition and draw the series.

Yorkie Lion said:
I agree with you man spot on and the shape India are in England have a great chance
i have a feeling Pakistan might be the tougher opponent

Keedy for second spinner ?

Anyone but Batty! Keedy would be a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread