Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ZexyZahid said:
It looks like the Pakistan vs England fun begins. :)

And yeah the South Africans beat them with 4-1 in the ODI's. Don't forget about that.

And before England beat Pakistan, Pakistan won FIVE straight Test series against England.

But it will be a good contest to see because Pakistan and England are on a high note now.
Flintoff didn't play in the ODIs, and he is one of the best players in the world.

Like i said England are a much better team than the usual :D

aussie1st said:
One last day for the King to pull another rabbit out of his hat. Lets see if the Great man can finish his career with the Ashes still in his hand.

He'll always have the ashes from his fag butt in his hand :p

But watching this series really does prove that he is probably the best bowler ever, although im surprised his average is 25 and not 20.

I hope Trescothick or Vaughan(or both) can score a century tomorrow and win The Ashes.

I will take a full day of rain 2mora if it means we win the Ashes.

I mean I feel sorry for the ppl that have become cricket fans this summer, because they want to see cricket, the weather shouldnt stop it. But us real cricket fans will do anything to win :D

Lets not go onto the Pakistan and India tours. And all you pakistan fans have to remember that your only the warm up act for the tour of India after :D

Remember we still have 1 day of this amazing series left. I would like to see a result although very unlikely.

I think Trescothick and vaughn have to act as anchors for England because i have always felt that although their bowling is the best in the world their batting is far off it. Bell is having a bad bad series and well i think that with even more pressure on him he wont stay for long........Pieterson and Flintoff will be outsmarted by warne as i think they will have to play their instinctive attacking way and it always leaves the door open for a bowler to take their wicket early.

My verdict is that Trescothick has been under rated because of Flintoff and Tres is Englands best player for me. Without his consistency and strauss with hit and miss a lot of pressure would be put on Englands 2 big guns and i think they would fold like thed almost did at trent bridge.

My ideal result would be if England get out 40mins b4 tea and the aussies send Gilly in and he smack a century like in the 1 dayer at the oval.

And all you Indian fans must remember the last results between these two countries and which team is in form and which not.

Anyway today we saw that England seriously got problems with Warne. When light is good I think Warne will be bowling along McGrath and Lee. And the English bowling got good swing with the pacers, so the Aussie bowlers could get it too.

I hope this will be a classic match again.

ZexyZahid said:
And all you Indian fans must remember the last results between these two countries and which team is in form and which not.

Anyway today we saw that England seriously got problems with Warne. When light is good I think Warne will be bowling along McGrath and Lee. And the English bowling got good swing with the pacers, so the Aussie bowlers could get it too.

I hope this will be a classic match again.

We've already seen that the Aussies are lacklustre with reverse swing. It's down to Warne imo. He's the one with the magic, no point denying it. Just hope we deal with it and put at least 200 up. Then theyre chasing 205 ish with approx 30 overs to go. A slow 200 runs morning and afternoon and this is ours.

weather will be sunny tomorrow, so don't expect much swing. Not that the Aussie's can swing the ball like England can (which is partly why they are gonna loose the ashes).

Only reason that Aussie's collapsed , was that they were batting in virtual darkness aginst a ball that was swinging around corners (perfect bowling conditions).

Warne is the Aussie's only hope now. They need him to take 6-7 wkts.

Well just 12 hours now to find that out.

I think a lot of people in England and Australia will declare themselves as 'sick' to the companies where they work. Also a lot of people will skip school too. :rolleyes:

Sureshot said:
He'll always have the ashes from his fag butt in his hand :p

Ha Ha well said Sureshot, he allways will. England to regain the ashes tommorow, anyone think the game will end early due to bad light ? :D

Englishandproud said:
Ha Ha well said Sureshot, he allways will. England to regain the ashes tommorow, anyone think the game will end early due to bad light ? :D

One can only hope :D

But I think if we bat too 3 o'clock weve got it!

I find it funny the crowd paid for their tickets and cheered like mad when the players went off for bad light

Hoping for a good day and some classy English batting. Then at least the Aussies can't claim they've been robbed by the rain as England got a 1st innings lead (yet again!) :p

As for MOTS, pretty simple: if England take the Ashes - Freddie; if Aus do - Warne.

we all know why england went off so do england fans of the series was 1-1 they wouldnt be going off let me tell you

adthomp said:
we all know why england went off so do england fans of the series was 1-1 they wouldnt be going off let me tell you

and Australia would?
We have the advantage of being 2-1 up so of course we're going to make the most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread