Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to point out it was the umpires decision to offer England the light, they didn't just turn round walk off and say f**k it let's have a break. if the roles were reversed you know Ponting would have done exactly the same under the same circumstances.
It's not like the match is a one sided contest with Australia on the verge of victory.
Great performance by England today. they have been superb through out this series and im sure you Aussie's will no doubt agree that if England win the series tomorrow they have deserved it.

dazza76 said:
Just to point out it was the umpires decision to offer England the light, they didn't just turn round walk off and say f**k it let's have a break. if the roles were reversed you know Ponting would have done exactly the same under the same circumstances.
It's not like the match is a one sided contest with Australia on the verge of victory.
Great performance by England today. they have been superb through out this series and im sure you Aussie's will no doubt agree that if England win the series tomorrow they have deserved it.

Exactly, Ponting would do it, why shouldn't England!

Yes, I think its fair to say that England have been the better team throughout this Ashes series, and hence deserve to win back the Ashes. England might be better than the current Australian side, but they still have a lot to do if they are to match the peak that the Aussies reached not so long ago. And England's performance since 2004 has been very impressive.

I wonder where JarryD is now. The same bloke who questioned the "logic" and "common sense" of the England fans before the series started.

brad352 said:
Because we want to win... We were offered the light on account of it being dangerous, we declined. England however should not be offered the light as it is in no way dangerous, we have spinners bowling to try and make a game of it.

Yes, this was the commentators (mostly English) said.

And what an exciting match now. Australia vs Bad Light. Winner of today is Bad Light.

Graeme Swann.

Good spinner and good with the bat..either him or Keedy, i think Batty has had his chance now.

I wish England could produce a good class leg spinner, then our bowling attack with the 4 quicks would be formidable. Ashley Giles does a good job for his country but he isnt a bowler you would throw the ball to expecting him to do things, like you would do with Warne.

England would be the best team in the world by a distance with a great spinner and maybe one batsman in the middle order who could stabalise things for us. A bit harsh on Bell but i would swap Bell for someone like Ed Joyce or Owais Shah. Or even Uzman Azfaal iv been impressed with him recently.

ZexyZahid said:

And what an exciting match now. Australia vs Bad Light. Winner of today is Bad Light.

yeah man and Pakistan have won the fair play award 20 years on the trot :rolleyes:

weve given you more than enough good cricket for 1 summer man back to the grind watching PAKISTAN :D :D :D

I cant wait for our attack to get a hold of your dodgy top order ;) ;) ;)

andrew_nixon said:
Probably first spinner seen as we don't have a spinner in the side at the moment.

Very Harsh but probably fair ;)

Yorkie Lion said:
yeah man and Pakistan have won the fair play award 20 years on the trot :rolleyes:

weve given you more than enough good cricket for 1 summer man back to the grind watching PAKISTAN :D :D :D

Don't understand why you're turning this towards Pakistan. You can better worry about this Test.

And I wouldn't be confident about this. It took only one man to dismantle the whole English top order: Warne. And if you're following County Cricket you can have a good view what the Pakistani bowlers are doing against the English players.

Who you all tipping for men of the series?
England: Freddie
Ausrtralia: Warne
pretty obvious choices i admit.

Strauss/Jones as outsiders.

Flintoff imo, Warne has been brilliant aswell but this was Flintoffs debut series vs the best.

Great bowling by him and Hoggy today.

Josha1210 said:
Graeme Swann.

Good spinner and good with the bat..either him or Keedy, i think Batty has had his chance now.

I wish England could produce a good class leg spinner, then our bowling attack with the 4 quicks would be formidable. Ashley Giles does a good job for his country but he isnt a bowler you would throw the ball to expecting him to do things, like you would do with Warne.

England would be the best team in the world by a distance with a great spinner and maybe one batsman in the middle order who could stabalise things for us. A bit harsh on Bell but i would swap Bell for someone like Ed Joyce or Owais Shah. Or even Uzman Azfaal iv been impressed with him recently.

Afzaal and shah have had their chances.

Lawson at Yorks is looking promising.

Not Swann, Loudon he has a Doosra :hpraise

ZexyZahid said:

Now they are Fielding.

Warne vs Bad Light.

Also they should have come off as Aus were offered it on Friday night and the umpires would use that as a benchmark so it must have been the same or worse.

Yorkie Lion said:

First of all mate England struggle in the sub-continent, and I have yet to see them perform brilliantly away from home. If you want to know what I am talking about, go take a look at England's record in the sub-continent.

IMO Aussies have already lost this match. I was hoping for an Aussie win but the rains have made the task almost impossible. Unless either Warne or McGrath produce a miracle, and manage to bowl England out cheaply, I dont see Australia winning this one.

UsmanCHADDA said:
First of all mate England struggle in the sub-continent, and I have yet to see them perform brilliantly away from home. If you want to know what I am talking about, go take a look at England's record in the sub-continent.

IMO Aussies have already lost this match. I was hoping for an Aussie win but the rains have made the task almost impossible. Unless either Warne or McGrath produce a miracle, and manage to bowl England out cheaply, I dont see Australia winning this one.

Yet to see them perform brilliantly away from home?

Have you not watch the last series in South Africa, we schooled them!! ;)

Anyway, we beat pakistan away last time we were there, and sri lanka in the tests if im correct, so dont say our record is rubbish. Get with the times!!

And in the WIndies we won aswell, a difficult place to go, the Old England struggled in the sub-continent, this new team is the best we've has for donkeys years.

dazza76 said:
Who you all tipping for men of the series?
England: Freddie
Ausrtralia: Warne
pretty obvious choices i admit.

I wouldn't mind it if they both would be awarded Man of the Series, whether the outcome of this match is.

They have both really played good for their nations.

JamesyJames3 said:
Yet to see them perform brilliantly away from home?

Have you not watch the last series in South Africa, we schooled them!! ;)

Anyway, we beat pakistan away last time we were there, and sri lanka in the tests if im correct, so dont say our record is rubbish. Get with the times!!

It looks like the Pakistan vs England fun begins. :)

And yeah the South Africans beat them with 4-1 in the ODI's. Don't forget about that.

And before England beat Pakistan, Pakistan won FIVE straight Test series against England.

But it will be a good contest to see because Pakistan and England are on a high note now.

One last day for the King to pull another rabbit out of his hat. Lets see if the Great man can finish his career with the Ashes still in his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread