Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
AS i neutral you can see both sides of this series. England have played exceptionally well. But a lot has also gone against them.

I said it before this match that i would think that 2-2 would have been a fair series result but not with Australia keeping the ashes.

Also England have proved that it is not only a 1 horse race any more but havent proved that they are the best YET although that could happen after the tour of the sub continent, if England win as Australia have.

But what annoys me is that i would not like to see everyone taking the mick out of the aussies as they have been a great team and probably the all time best team ever.

All i can say is that i was expecting a close finish but i guess it was a message from god saying that we cant take any more tension. A bit of an anti climax really

Btw somethings really pissed off bret hes bowling very very fast although Australia have lost. It sums up what heir team spitit should be and probably is

Annihilation66 said:
AS i neutral you can see both sides of this series. England have played exceptionally well. But a lot has also gone against them.

I said it before this match that i would think that 2-2 would have been a fair series result but not with Australia keeping the ashes.

Also England have proved that it is not only a 1 horse race any more but havent proved that they are the best YET although that could happen after the tour of the sub continent, if England win as Australia have.

But what annoys me is that i would not like to see everyone taking the mick out of the aussies as they have been a great team and probably the all time best team ever.

All i can say is that i was expecting a close finish but i guess it was a message from god saying that we cant take any more tension. A bit of an anti climax really

2-2 fair result? you having a laugh?

England have dominated more periods of the series than Australia, therefore an English victory is a FAIR RESULT.

JamesyJames3 said:
2-2 fair result? you having a laugh?

England have dominated more periods of the series than Australia, therefore an English victory is a FAIR RESULT.
Im saying that Australia shouldnt get the ashes for 2-2 actually England should get the trophy but 2-2 is a fair result considering what has gone against Australia

I dont want this to become an arguement. You should savour your victory u might have to wait another 18-19 years :D

Well that is sport. Sometimes things don't go fair.

A great day for England this.

Annihilation66 said:
Im saying that Australia shouldnt get the ashes for 2-2 actually England should get the trophy but 2-2 is a fair result considering what has gone against Australia

I dont want this to become an arguement. You should savour your victory u might have to wait another 18-19 years :D

Youve just said it again, 2-2 isnt a fair result!!

England have outplayed Australia more often, and deserve a series victory 2-1.

m@c said:
a serious question to you all - who is the best test team now?

Best team in the world is still Australia. But England are playing better cricket. I think the rankings will show australia top but england are the better team.

For me best Test team is also Australia. But England is playing their best cricket in 15-20 years or so.

m@c said:
I would say simply no1 knows. It depends on how Australia fight back and if India South africa etc try and challenge for that place. I would think for now its still Australia but i personally think that Englands tours to India and Pakistan will show whos likely to try and stup up to that status.

I think nobody can count Australia out atm because they have one hell of an 'a' team.

Englan all out for 335. England lead by 341 runs.

Great win by England.

Annihilation66 said:

Whatever, the FACT is England have won this series, fair and square. If we got into all the if's and but's it would still be England, Old Trafford anyone?

Australia still has to bat for eight overs and after that they can call off the match.

m@c said:

According to me, its England! Australia though will still hold the No.1 in the rankings, England have unofficially grabbed the No.1 title from Australia! Its tough to imagine Australia without Warne and Mc Grath and once they leave, it would be a huge void to fill!

England is No.1 now in test cricket! If they beat India and Pakistan in their respective countries, they might really close in with Australia for the top rank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread