Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Austrailia refuse the light, the players walk of for a short while. Aussies want to delay this loss...

You mean they accepted the light. But audience probably can celebrate it already.

Yep, sorry. The English have also started celebrating, they were still on the field stretching waiting for the aussies. In the pavillion now...

ZoraxDoom said:
Austrailia refuse the light, the players walk of for a short while. Aussies want to delay this loss...
Actually they want it to go quicker.

As someone was saying here to be the best you have to beat everyone away aswell. Eg they will have to beat India at home.

Personally i dont think anybody will ever be better than Australia i the last decade.

England are the best team in terms of form but we will have to wait longer to see who exactly is gonna step into Australias shoes, or is might just be a constant scrap in the rankings (what i would like to see)

saisrini80 said:
According to me, its England! Australia though will still hold the No.1 in the rankings, England have unofficially grabbed the No.1 title from Australia! Its tough to imagine Australia without Warne and Mc Grath and once they leave, it would be a huge void to fill!

England is No.1 now in test cricket! If they beat India and Pakistan in their respective countries, they might really close in with Australia for the top rank!

To become number 1 England need to repeat this performance in the Australian Ahes tour. If they can retain the Ashes in Australia, they are deserving world champions!

The fact of the matter is, at the start of the series, australia were clearly number 1, and england were clearly number 2. The rest were way behind. Now the situation is just close between 1 and 2. The rest still lag way behind.

Also this is the end of Benaud commentating in England. Great commentator and player.

Stumps and bails are taking off by umpires. England has regained the Ashes!

This series was the best ever I followed. The scores were very close.

UsmanCHADDA said:
To become number 1 England need to repeat this performance in the Australian Ahes tour. If they can retain the Ashes in Australia, they are deserving world champions!
No, well, not quite. They need to keep performing for the two years in between. In particular, a tough tour of the sub continent coming up.

The funny thing is that Aus almost pulled off a bizzare victory, which would have sent the series on some tangent.

The terrible thing is that the 5th Test ended in such a farce.

Will Australia's team change as a result? Doubtful. Buchanan certainly doesn't deserve the sack, in fact if anyone does, it's the selectors, but even then that's unfair criticism. Probably, MacGill will finally get selected for the SuperTest at the SCG, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread