Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
why did you wish Pietersen moved to Aus?

well done Warne and Lee bowled very well. Warne outdid all the batsmen on his wickets. Pietersens Six off of Lee was huge.

credit to Aus.

The sight of seeing Pietersen hammering Lee into the stands for 6 was fantastic, if there is one person in England who thinks this match is still there to win for us its him and I really hope he scores big, he deserves to.

Lets just hope the rain doesnt win this game because it deserves better than that.

Briggsey said:
The sight of seeing Pietersen hammering Lee into the stands for 6 was fantastic, if there is one person in England who thinks this match is still there to win for us its him and I really hope he scores big, he deserves to.

Lets just hope the rain doesnt win this game because it deserves better than that.
Couldnt agree more.

tsyrmas said:
if we r gonna go by icc rankings then tell me who is on top mate??? and what does that say about us??? i think this proves that england really are ****, and there is a huuuuge gap between first abd second n the icc rankings.

ok, i am an umpire, and we prefer if bowlers appeal at the slightest chance. it makes it easier to give batsmen out when we know they are out! he is not a cheat. oh look, he just got flooky freddy out. england are CRAP!u want a cheat. in the first innings, langer was out off a no-ball. what do u say to that sunshine???

you're an umpire, the umpire made the mistake not Flintoff.

Funny thing about Warne is he took drugs to get his flab down but he is still chubby.

No matter how much stick we give him, Warne showed his true quality today and deserved his wickets, the Bell dismissal was quality, spinning the first two away from him then the straight one next really showed his cricketing brain.

I hope Pieterson gets a century tomorrow, i think he deserves it.

Well played Australia and Squiz.

The_gas said:
I hope Pieterson gets a century tomorrow, i think he deserves it.
Very true, he has a reputation in county cricket of scoring big centuries too so lets hope for a Rob Key innings against WI last year from him! and that Jones scores big too, because he needs it.

Personally I think England has lost the match because of the missed catches.

I don't think Pietersen will get a century. A fifty is likely, but not a century. When Jones will get out, wickets will fall soon.

ZexyZahid said:
Personally I think England has lost the match because of the missed catches.

I don't think Pietersen will get a century. A fifty is likely, but not a century. When Jones will get out, wickets will fall soon.

Agreed, Though I hope Pietersen will get a century and Jones plays sensibly. I think Simon Jones bowled brilliantly and I think he deserved more than what he got.

themuel1 said:
Agreed, Though I hope Pietersen will get a century and Jones plays sensibly. I think Simon Jones bowled brilliantly and I think he deserved more than what he got.
England could have dismissed the Aussies well below 300 if all those catches were taken.

6 dropped in the match...Pieterson dropped 3 and G.Jones 2...ironically they were the two top scorers last innings and England require them to top score again...

Hopefully the rain can stay away and Australia can claim the all important first test. I was a little concerned with the manner of dismissals in the first innings, too many blokes just having a massive dip at short balls and balls outside off stump. Still, much of the credit must be directed toward Harmison and Flintoff. It's not often you face bowling of that pace and venom, and the Aussies never looked comfortable playing the pull/hook shot.

G. Jones is a concern for England. Obviously he had a stinker with the gloves and the question is, who can/will replace him? I thought coming in England's lineup looked incredibly thin with Flintoff at six and Jones at seven. If they are to replace Jones with a keeper that can't handle the bat as competently (without say dropping Splash for an all-rounder), new ball wickets could become even more crucial for the Aussies.

I think England have a very good side, but was relieved when Thorpey was dropped. He is one of the few blokes in the world with an exemplary record against Australia over an extended period of time. I really think he would have been the perfect 'glue' guy, to hold the middle of the innings together.

Cracker of a match so far, let's hope the rain stays away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread