Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I know what you mean, but we're not overrated. Our record proves that we're not, we barely loose any series home or away and have dominated the game the last 10years. Age isn't a problem with our side, it?s a problem for the future because sooner or later our reign will come to an end and we'll have to rebuild. But age is defiantly not a problem with this side as our two oldest players mcgrah and warne seem to be at the top of the world as usual.

Anyway looks like English weather is out in full force, and day four looks rained out. It would be a shame if we miss out on this win here, but I guess vaughn is happy!

Australia are by no way overrated. If England play to their potential they will beat Australia. But the fact that they often do not play to their potential is why they are not world champions. If every team played to their potential, cricket would be a much more closer affair. Australia have built a side that consistently plays to its potential. Its not as if there is more talent in Australia. They just maximize their talent. Australia can pull out of any situation because of this maximization. Once sides in the world begin playing up to their potential, there will be nothing separating the top 3.

I remember Pakistan playing their best cricket when they toured Australia. Eventually some critical decisions were denied by the umpire Koertzen. I can tell you not many Pakistani supporters are happy with his umpiring. If the teams plays to their potential, they still have to face these kind of decisions.

And I am also not happy with his performance so far in this series.

But personally I think Australia didn't show their strength in this test yet, especially in the batting department. And Australia is not overrated.

tsyrmas said:
has it stopped raining yet???

No

(Update 1240 GMT) Hello again everyone. It's disappointing to
report that there's no chance of play at the moment. Rain is still
falling and the ground is shrouded in covers. Water is gathering
in little puddles on the covers.

its scheduled to rain all day tomrrow aswell so it looks like england might get away with a draw

Another update.

(Update 1330 GMT) And we're back again and still there's no good
news. The rain continues and we wait in hope. We'll be back with
more when the weather improves.

It isn't good that this match has to be decided by rain.

This is the latest news:

Rain abates at last, possible start at 3:00 GMT

ZexyZahid said:
This is the latest news:

Rain abates at last, possible start at 3:00 GMT

inspection is at 3:15pm GMT

play would then start 4:00pm GMT if umpires say yes

jazz said:
inspection is at 3:15pm GMT

play would then start 4:00pm GMT if umpires say yes
We are in BST at the moment, so the timings are correct for GMT.

Play due to start 3:45pm BST

Last edited:
aussie1st said:
You english know when to bring out the weather don't you lol. From what i have heard on Jones he dropped 9 catches in 16 matches. Hes defintiely had an shocker of a test

About the first rain we have had about 60 miles south of Lords since about March. First real rain anyway had bits of splutter. It wont affect the pitch much as it was so dry before. He's had a poor test with the gloves. But then the ball has been swinging and the drop would affect the keeping, not that much though. he'll improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread