Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
andrew_nixon said:
The more I think about it, the more I think Stuart Law could be a useful call up. Plenty of experience and knows more about the Aussies than anyone in the England set up.

Maybe I'm biased though.

im cinfused, do u mean Stuart law the Australian playing county cricket??? and u rekon he should play for england??

Law became a British citizen a while back in order to qualify as a local player for Lancashire so it would be possible for Law to be selected. Why not? England's best performed player was a South African, perhaps they will seek to repeat the dose.....

England crumbled,what a pity,but definetely not a supprise!I would never choose Law,way past his time,and if you have to resort to that then you really are gon.

Was watching ESPN Sportcenter in US at the end of the 3rd day.

I actually saw an Ashes Higlight as 1 of the top plays!!!

It was the Brett Lee c&b of Andrew Strauss and the guys at ESPN actually said their names!!!

And today I saw another highlight part of the "Ultimate Highlight" on Sport Center and they showed the Ball which bounced up and hit Ponting in the face, causing him to bleed!!

Sorry, but if you lived in the US and didnt have the opportunitty to watch cricket much, then you might understand why I am soo excited!! Its almost the equivalent of seeing a crickter drive by you on the street. You get a glimpse of him for a second and thats it. Very small chance that you will see him again that close up.

Last edited:
Sando said:
Law became a British citizen a while back in order to qualify as a local player for Lancashire so it would be possible for Law to be selected. Why not? England's best performed player was a South African, perhaps they will seek to repeat the dose.....

i dnt rekon law is the answer for england. he may know the aussies, but the aussies know him, and he has played with some of them i think (i no he played 1 test, but who was in that test im not sure) the aussies would target him and probably win easily

Well played Australia. I cant help but feel we contributed to our own downfall with many dropped catches. We will have to improve if we hope to do better.

I wish people would stop slating Vaughan. He's a world class batsman, as he proved on the last Ashes tour. However, captaincy (especially when your losing) adds enormous pressure onto him, and he has developed a slight flaw in his technique - as Geoff Boycott pointed out on his Channel 4 commentary, his bat is coming down towards mid on, rather than straight. I'm sure Duncan Fletcher will have picked up on this, and will talk to Vaughan about how to sort it out.

Captaincy has affected the performance of just about every batsman who has ever had it. The only exception I can think of is Ponting, who never has the pressure of losing, and anyone could captain Australia at the moment - just throw the ball to McGrath and Warnes, and wait for wickets to happen.

I think England will have a much better showing in the second test - we have a much better record at Edgbaston, there is no slope for McGrath to exploit (I thought he bowled beautifully, by the way) and they will be desperate to get back on level terms.

I also think you're being a bit harsh on Bell - he's only played one test against them. I don't see how you can criticise the England batsmen for not being able to pick Warne - only Pietersen can because they play together at Hampshire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread