Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heavily doubt that you can just toss the ball to McGrath and Warne and get wickets. A captain has to think about many things, from field placements, to changing bowlers, to gauging the conditions and how to react to them. There are a few players in the Aussie camp who can probably do this, but Ponting seems to be the leader. He seems to be an outspoken person, aggressive to the core and thus a pretty confident leader.

The fact remains that you have to perform, even as a captain. You are, after all, setting an example for the rest of your team. If you don't perform as a captain, you will begin to lose the trust and respect of your teammates--perhaps not outwardly but definitely subconsciously. And you will also begin to lose the respect of the public. This is what happened to Sourav Ganguly. Ganguly is currently on his last straw--if he doesn't take it, he might as well throw away the drink (of captaincy).

That said, who in the English team is capable of captaining them, now?

Amusingly the two players who stood up for England in the first innings were a South African and an Aussie (Pieterson and Jones).

barmyarmy said:
Amusingly the two players who stood up for England in the first innings were a South African and an Aussie (Pieterson and Jones).
As Colin knows I hate to be pedantic, but Gerraint Jones is actually from Papua New Guinea originally.

England lost :(
Pieterson for skipper!
Thorpe has retired, so he is out.
Law...to old.
Ed Joyce...Irish and not yet fully qualified as English.

England have no hope...maybe Butcher...but he is injured...

Pietersen has 1 test under his belt. Although in the future maybe. I still believe that Vaughan is the best captain in the world, but his batting is letting us down.

squiz said:
Soon the English team won't have any English born players in it at all

Likewise.

andrew_nixon said:
As Colin knows I hate to be pedantic, but Gerraint Jones is actually from Papua New Guinea originally.

Hate to be pedantic, but its spelt Geraint not Gerraint.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

FreddieFan said:
Hate to be pedantic, but its spelt Geraint not Gerraint.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

lol,

Andrew are you saying that Ed Joyce has qualified to play for England or are you agreeing with Zorax?

andrew_nixon said:

I'm well aware of that but he played his grade cricket in Australia.

I guess the only good thing that happened for England in this match was Pietersen. Maybe just a little more time and the team will prolly be consistent winners, both with bat and ball.

Drop Law,he sucks!Christ,England should keep the team they have at the moment,it is a very useful and could push Aus,if they all played well,worked as a team.I just don't know if Eng has the temperament,I hope to be proved wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread