Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
tommorow should be very interesting KP is the key to the english winning and Warne for Aus. Geraint Jones is in there for his batting so he will have to score a big one to have any chance of staying in the side.

pigeonman20.jpg

Look out England, they're coming back for more!!!

I think Australia have this match safely in their grasp. Warne just needs to work on one end and eventually someone will crack.

Well lets hope Pietersen, Jones and if required the England tail defy the odds and get a dramatic win over this overrated Aussie team.

Sando said:
Hopefully the rain can stay away and Australia can claim the all important first test. I was a little concerned with the manner of dismissals in the first innings, too many blokes just having a massive dip at short balls and balls outside off stump. Still, much of the credit must be directed toward Harmison and Flintoff. It's not often you face bowling of that pace and venom, and the Aussies never looked comfortable playing the pull/hook shot.

G. Jones is a concern for England. Obviously he had a stinker with the gloves and the question is, who can/will replace him? I thought coming in England's lineup looked incredibly thin with Flintoff at six and Jones at seven. If they are to replace Jones with a keeper that can't handle the bat as competently (without say dropping Splash for an all-rounder), new ball wickets could become even more crucial for the Aussies.

I think England have a very good side, but was relieved when Thorpey was dropped. He is one of the few blokes in the world with an exemplary record against Australia over an extended period of time. I really think he would have been the perfect 'glue' guy, to hold the middle of the innings together.

Cracker of a match so far, let's hope the rain stays away!

Nice to read a decent, mature post from an Aussie rather than some of the pathetic adolescent c**p from some others. Just calling a team or someone rubbish and slating them makes for superb, thought provoking reading :rolleyes: .
Anyway, it's raining here in South East England atm, so it could make for interesting stuff should it keep up and the Aussies are restricted to just a few overs today and tomorrow. I can see Warney appealing for everything!

m_vaughan said:
Well lets hope Pietersen, Jones and if required the England tail defy the odds and get a dramatic win over this overrated Aussie team.

overrated? elaborate, or were you being sarcastic?

m_vaughan said:
if we are overated then every test playing nation is overated. can you answer me this question??? who r the best in the world????

u scared of this pic english boys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Briggsey said:
Very true, he has a reputation in county cricket of scoring big centuries too so lets hope for a Rob Key innings against WI last year from him! and that Jones scores big too, because he needs it.

Shane Warne this morning said anything is possible with Pietersen at the crease as he is that good. :D

gilly90657 said:
were is the next test its headenly isint it

Edgbaston, no Headingley test.

tsyrmas said:
if we are overated then every test playing nation is overated. can you answer me this question??? who r the best in the world????

u scared of this pic english boys?

no but we are scared of your immaturity. :p

Well I think its unfair to criticise Geraint Jones. He has taken some fantastic catches and has scored quite a few runs for England since making his debut. Matt Prior is good but Geraint Jones is a proven player in international cricket.

Also all world class wicket keepers do have off-days, and this first test wasnt Gera's best for sure.

Also I do think the Aussies are slightly overrated. By this I mean they are not as good as they look or seem like at the moment. Age is a problem in that side, and I think sooner or later you will have to replace some of the old men with fresh blood. If England play to their full potential and dont make costly errors in terms of dropped catches and loose shots then I strongly believe this World Champion Australian side will be beaten.

Also sad about the rain, but it hasnt really rained in London for quite some time before this.

You english know when to bring out the weather don't you lol. From what i have heard on Jones he dropped 9 catches in 16 matches. Hes defintiely had an shocker of a test

m_vaughan said:
Well I think its unfair to criticise Geraint Jones. He has taken some fantastic catches and has scored quite a few runs for England since making his debut. Matt Prior is good but Geraint Jones is a proven player in international cricket.

Also all world class wicket keepers do have off-days, and this first test wasnt Gera's best for sure.

Also I do think the Aussies are slightly overrated. By this I mean they are not as good as they look or seem like at the moment. Age is a problem in that side, and I think sooner or later you will have to replace some of the old men with fresh blood. If England play to their full potential and dont make costly errors in terms of dropped catches and loose shots then I strongly believe this World Champion Australian side will be beaten.

Also sad about the rain, but it hasnt really rained in London for quite some time before this.

international media has been sayin that for sum time now, to put off the aussie cricketers. we have heard almost every sountry we play say that, wo when english ppl say it, it makes no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread