Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well by my standards if a wk/batsman can average 40-50 at first class then they could get a spot in a test side. Wot other keepers do England have?

Foster, Prior, Mustard, Adshead they could all be in the frame. Although the latter two unlikely. read had a chance and averaged 15 over 10+ tests and didn't playt aus.

btw Marcus Trescothick has a First Class hat-Trick :D

I'm with you Woodzy; I'd prefer Read, but Jones will keep his place at least for this series.

http://www.ecb.co.uk/domestic/frizzell-county-championship/surrey-edge-towards-safety,5364,EN.html

Surely he has to come in for Bell now, I am a fan of Bell but we need experienced players who have played against Aus in any form. 3 100s on the trott ok it may only be Taunton but he is still seeing the ball well.

Read shouldn't be picked for England in the forseeable future especially against the bowling attack of Aus. Maybe vs WIndies or Bangladesh.

My Wicketkeeping order for England:

Jones
Foster
Prior
Adshead
Read
Mustard
Batty very underrated.

Yep, although he has talent. And will be a future selection. I think he will play well in our winter tours.

Same test squad for us.

Good call imo, last time we won the Ashes we only used 13 players. We have used 16+ players in each ashes since.

Vaughan scored a century for Yorkshire today, finishing 116 not out in a team total of 216! Looks like he's also preparing for the dropping of Gilo too as he's even rolled his arm over for a few overs and picked up a wicket!

Can this be a sign of things to come on Thursday? :upray :upray

He took 2 wickets! Wow that must be a record for Vaughan lol, Still Yorkshire lost though lol.

Australia just showed they have no problems with thier keeper, backup Haddin scored a run a ball 94 (very Gilchrist like). Gillespie 53 and Tait 22 off 19 maybe he has a future with the bat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread