Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Australia only need a 3 man team in the 2nd test

Warne
McGrath
MacGill

they'd still win! :P

The Egbaston pitch/ground was only missed by 1/4 of a mile by last weeks devasting 130MPH wind Tornado. Lucky to have a test there at all.

The only bowlers England have which can give the Aussies some trouble consistently are Harmison and Flintof. Both rely on bounce to trouble the batsman. A slow wicket makes them less lethal, and England dont have a good spinner. And above that, thier batting is out of sorts. All these factors result in one thing which I hate to mention

Not sure if you guys know it already: Collingwood has been added in the squad.

Finally something wise is being done there.

ZexyZahid said:
Not sure if you guys know it already: Collingwood has been added in the squad.

Finally something wise is being done there.

The BBC website said that Simon Jones, Matthew Hoggard and Ashley Giles were most likely to be dropped!!!

You can't drop Simon Jones because he actually bowled pretty well, let down by England fielding. Matthew Hoggard will be able to swing the ball on a damp wicket and you need a decent spinner on a damp wicket-Ashley Giles.

Drop Ian Bell.

decent spinner - Ashley Giles?

Hoggard destroyed RSA so wont be dropped.

Bell shouldn't be dropped in my view.
Jones bowled really well in spells.

keep the same team, that's why we've been so succesful in the last few years.

barmyarmy said:
I'd drop Giles. I thought Pieterson was meant to be an all-rounder...

Yeah, he is yet to bowl his offspin in ODI (?) and test. Why does Vaughan not bowl more? (I would understand if his batting was fantastic)

There has been a rethink in the england lineup and Collingwood is in the 12. He may also play given the Birmingham weather. Would be a good move as he would give them a muc more stable batting lineup

keep the same team, that's why we've been so succesful in the last few years.

I think that is a great point. I think one of the strengths of the Aussie team is the fact that most of our blokes can walk onto the ground and not have to worry about one bad performance costing them a spot in the side.

If a bloke is good enough to represent their country their talent should be backed by the selectors. I think this is one of the major reasons that the Aussie bats can come out and play so aggressively even when things aren't looking too flash, allowing the team to put pressure back on the opposition.

Just a thought...

themuel1 said:
Yeah, he is yet to bowl his offspin in ODI (?) and test. Why does Vaughan not bowl more? (I would understand if his batting was fantastic)
A)Pieterson did bowl a bit in ODI's. He bowled in the match against Zim. where Bell got 3/9 and even Strauss got an over. The sad part was that he got smashed for a few sixes.
B)Simple. The Aussies will target him.

There is no way in the world you can rely on Pietersen to be a front line spinner. Vaughan doesnt bowl more cause he has enough to worry about with his batting and all. I'd personally play Gareth Batty or plead for Robert Croft to come out of retirement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread