Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I find Lara better then Tendulkar.

But in which year and season (like spring) did England beat India 3-0?

And maybe not some good news for England: Gillespie is finding form again with bat and ball. And the Aussie batsmen did some good job with as well.

ZexyZahid said:
Personally I find Lara better then Tendulkar.

But in which year and season (like spring) did England beat India 3-0?

And maybe not some good news for England: Gillespie is finding form again with bat and ball. And the Aussie batsmen did some good job with as well.

If you are refering to my comment, I was talking about England vs West Indies in december 2003. 3-0 England. If not....sorry :D

Well, at least if he doesn't play it'll solve the problem of who to drop for Collingwood ;) .

barmyarmy said:
PLAY GRAHAM THORPE

Can't see the England selectors doing this, even if he would.... Though I agree with you.

The guy is now retired. How can he come back? Coming out of retirement?

And where is Croft? The guy is now opening innings with his club. And he used to only a bowler, but he is doing great job with bat too.

themuel1 said:
If you are refering to my comment, I was talking about England vs West Indies in december 2003. 3-0 England. If not....sorry :D

Yeah, I was talking about that. That guy is also supporting India (don't know if he is also Indian).

And I know England beat the West Indies team. And the contract dispute is not really helping them.

matt prior looks like a good batsman england could consider him and his athletic in the field

rashaba16 said:
Tendulkar is the best batsman in the world closely followed by Lara. The ONLY man to have 10000 runs in each form of the game isn't as good as everyone thinks? Then why can't no one else score 13700 runs odd in ODIs and 10100 runs odd in test!? :rolleyes: He would struggle agaisnt Harmison and Flintoffs bounce? :eek: Do you recall the worldcup when he took Caddick's bouncer and put it into the stands? I guess not. Flintoff isnt as good as McGrath, Gillespie, Lee, Ntini, Pollock so keep quiet. Gillespie and especially Lee have more bounce than englands beloved flintoff.(who by the way hadn't play against australia before july 21!) Do you know Tendulkar's average against England is 76? Do you?! Harmison and Flintoff were playing by the way!!! And before you come with its because Tendulkar is playing in India his average in England is 71!!! Keep quiet. 6 Test centuries against england. Also he is the only man to play 100 test to have an average of over 55. Next in line is Dravid, but he hasnt got to 100 test yet. Englands bowling would struggle to get out...Tendulkar, Dravid, Kallis, Lara.
By the way...how did it feel to have 400 knocked off of your beloved Harmy and Flintoff and crappy Giles. Hmm? Shock and awe? Humiliation? Tell me :D

Flintoff not as good as Ntini or Gillespie? Still smoking the weed?

Caddick never bowled at the pace of Harmi of Flintoff. I can see the series in India being drawn. Our batsmen might not be as good as the Indians but at least they aren't corrupt as some of them. And If giles is so crappy how come is 100th test wicket was that of Lara and actually span about 2 foot off the rough?

jazz said:
matt prior looks like a good batsman england could consider him and his athletic in the field

He would be picked as a keeper. as that's what he mainly does for sussex also opens the batting.

Rashaba, I see one of the batsman you have down that this England team would struggle to get out is Lara. Here's some stats for you:

Brian Lara v England 2004:
Matches: 8
Innings: 15
Runs: 764
Average: 54.57
50's: 2
100's: 1

Dismissed by Harmison: 4 times
Dismissed by Flintoff: 4 times
Dismissed by Giles: 3 times

So 12 times out of 15 this particular England attack has stopped one of the best batsman the world has ever seen getting a substantial score. I don't call that struggling, do you?

Record without 400:
Matches: 7
Innings: 14
Runs: 364
Average: 26.00
50's: 2
100's: 0

Thats a fantastic record against a batsman of Lara's quality.

Sureshot said:
Flintoff not as good as Ntini or Gillespie? Still smoking the weed?

Caddick never bowled at the pace of Harmi of Flintoff. I can see the series in India being drawn. Our batsmen might not be as good as the Indians but at least they aren't corrupt as some of them. And If giles is so crappy how come is 100th test wicket was that of Lara and actually span about 2 foot off the rough?

He would be picked as a keeper. as that's what he mainly does for sussex also opens the batting.

Prior would open the ODI batting for England, which is what Fletcher wants from a wicketkeeper. Being a non-biased sussex supporter ;) , I would probably pick Prior over Read for England number 2 wicketkeeper.

Dammit! Vaughn hasn't looked like making a run all summer, I would like to see him lineup in the second test.

From an Aussie point of view I also hope England retain Bell and Giles. Bell is obviously a talent, but can he produce his best in his first real test series? Giles is a nice pressure release for the Aussies, he doesn't appear to have the ability/inclination to deliver a wicket taking ball. I suppose his ultra defensive lines serve the purpose of providing rest periods for England's quicks but that can seriously backfire as evidenced by the First test.

Sure they could have bowled Jones more (and they should have, he concentrated on line and length rather than just trying to hit a batsmen) but the fact that Giles was dismissed from the attack by the Aussies meant that Flintoff and Harmison had to shoulder alot of the load. For all the talk of Aussies being over the hill, I thought Flintoff looked well and truly spent by the end of the match, and Harmison showed he could be worn down when he was being smashed to all parts in the one day final.

England need their best bowling options on the park, because its unlikely the Aussie bats will play as loosely as they did in the first match. Flintoff needs to be able to direct more energy to his batting. If he is to produce his very modest career average of 31.58 over the duration of this series, England are in trouble.

Can't wait for thursday though, this is still #1 v #2, and if England can win this one it's series on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread