Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He still has a chance to play which will be good for Australia. And the selectors aren't smart so they will stick with the 'winning team', so they probably won't include Collingwood. I hope they change it, if they want to win some games.

The gap between India and England has narrowed down to 3 points in the updated ICC Test Championship . If England lose 4-1 to Australia, they will be joint secon with India . A 5-0 loss will ensure India a No.2 spot . Go Australia !!!!
If Australia do beat england 4-1, then we will have to wait for the India-England series in India to have a clear second ranked team !

Top three in LG ICC Test Championship extend advantage in annual update as Australia sets new record high Jon Long August 1, 2005 Australia, England and India have all improved their ratings in the LG ICC Test Championship as a result of the annual update that took place today. Australia now has the highest Test rating since a new system of calculation was introduced in June 2003. Its rating of 133 is one higher that it was before the update and it can improve up to 138 if it beats England 5-0. Series played before 1 August 2002 no longer count towards the Test rankings.
England lost to Australia and India and drew with New Zealand during this period so the loss of these series from the calculation has helped England improve its rating by three points to 114. If it were to lose to Australia by the same 4-1 margin as in 2001 in the current series its rating would fall back to 111.
India lost three away series - to Sri Lanka, South Africa and West Indies - between 1 August 2001 and 31 July 2002. It therefore benefits by four points as a result of the update and its rating of 111 is the highest it has been since the new system came into force.
The ratings of the sides ranked fourth to seventh remain very tightly grouped. New Zealand is the main beneficiary from the update, climbing from seventh to fifth, while South Africa moves up from sixth to fourth despite its rating remaining unchanged on 100 points.
South Africa's ascent is due to the falling ratings of Sri Lanka and Pakistan, who have lost four and five points respectively.
At the bottom of the table the gap between Zimbabwe and Bangladesh is down to 24 points with Zimbabwe's rating falling by 11 points and Bangladesh picking up a point.

1.) Australia 138
2.) England 114
3.) India 111
4.) RSA 100
5.) New Zealand 99
6.) Sri Lanka 98
7.) Pakistan 95
8.) West Indies 74

That news is two days old, but yeah, the annual update has risen the top three a bit.

4-0 or 5-0 for Australia will bring India to second place.

At 3-0 or 4-1 the points will be level.

the news just said vaughan got hit on the elbow at training, so yeah just a "scare", he will probably play even if it means sinking down the order. still got a while before the game.

Does England have any leg spin talent with in the country

Chris Schofield:D

There is a youngster called Lawson who plays for Yorkshire got a big future ahead of him, if he can spin it at Headingley he can at most places!

ZexyZahid said:
That news is two days old, but yeah, the annual update has risen the top three a bit.

We gain points if we only lose by 2 tests i think. :D

Crappy rankings :happy

Sando said:
Dammit! Vaughn hasn't looked like making a run all summer, I would like to see him lineup in the second test.

A century vs Bangladesh a century the other night in a OD game for Yorkshire. 55* in the win vs Aus at Headingley in the first of the ODIs with the new rules.

ZexyZahid said:

thanks for info

A century vs Bangladesh a century the other night in a OD game for Yorkshire. 55* in the win vs Aus at Headingley in the first of the ODIs with the new rules

My apologies I probably should have been clearer in my comments, I was speaking of matches that have any relevance to the international game. Michael Vaughn's batting averages.

2005 NatWest Series - 4 innings avg. 19.00
2005 NatWest Challenge - 3 innings avg 37.50
2005 Ashes Series 2 innings - 2 innings avg. 3.5

His century vs Bangladesh and 55* vs Aus in the ODI at headingley is international though.

I wish I knew what his deal is.
Is he just not as good as we thought he was?
Is he suited to certain areas of the world?
Is the captaincy a bad thing for his batting?
Is it just periodically poor form?

In case you guys don't know. Collingwood will not play against Australia. And Vaughan is fit.

Both are good news for Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread