Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They just showed the pitch on skysports and it isn't as bad as everyone is saying, a bit of green on it but there is still 47 hours till the first session of the second ashes test.

batty hasn't impressed in his England chances though.

We havn't become a bad team overnight. We batted poorly at Lord's, as did we in South Africa, several times, but we came back. Why on earth change a side that has been winning since April 2004 because of one defeat?

because England lost very badly at Lords and if they want to regain the ashes changes need to be made

No they don't. We didn't lose badly either. Only 230 runs, would have been 100 if we had taken our chances.

Imo only one change would be considered. and that would be Collingwood for Bell.

Sureshot said:
No they don't. We didn't lose badly either. Only 230 runs, would have been 100 if we had taken our chances.

Imo only one change would be considered. and that would be Collingwood for Bell.

Agreed. I think the change should happen.

Michael Vaughan last night scored a century and took two wickets!!! Anyone see this (on tv)? If so, did Vaughan look like the Vaughan of old?

Last edited:
Sureshot said:

If a 230 run loss isn't bad for England then they must have had some very embarrasing losses in the past, geez, where I come from that's a fair margin :help

230 run loss is very big. And England isn't that very good since last year. They won the Test series against South Africa and an ODI against them. But after that there were 4 ODI's losses against them. So far England didn't win any of the three ODI series that followed and only won the Test series.

And I don't see England winning a Test match if they keep that 'winning team'. They need to include the players in form, like Collingwood and off course Thorpe (who has retired now). And there are probably more English County players who are in form.

squiz said:
If a 230 run loss isn't bad for England then they must have had some very embarrasing losses in the past, geez, where I come from that's a fair margin :help

it is a big win but not a thrashing i was never expecting us to win at Lords.

I'm talking about the performances of the teams so disregarding the final result i still don't think that Australia where 230 runs better than us.

Biggest Test margin.

England beat Australia by an Innings and 540 runs :D We scored 900 runs batting :p

stevie said:
We havn't become a bad team overnight. We batted poorly at Lord's, as did we in South Africa, several times, but we came back. Why on earth change a side that has been winning since April 2004 because of one defeat?
England was winning against teams other than Australia. When they played against India Tendulkar was injured, so therefore they couldnt get another whooping like what they got in Antigua from Brian Lara. Englands bowling, batting and fielding CANNOT match Australia. Australia will retain the ashes.

Bell should be dropped. As much as I hate to say it, Giles should stay. Hoggard is doubtful.

yep i'm sure they will. But Australia aren't a one man team. WIndies get thrashed when lara doesn't play, and tbh i don't think Tendulkar is as good as everyone thinks, he would struggle against Harmison and Flintoffs bounce. We may have got whipped in Antigua but then Most batsmen could have made hundreds on that pitch. Note we still won the series 3-0 so Lara didn't make much of a difference.

Sureshot said:
yep i'm sure they will. But Australia aren't a one man team. WIndies get thrashed when lara doesn't play, and tbh i don't think Tendulkar is as good as everyone thinks, he would struggle against Harmison and Flintoffs bounce. We may have got whipped in Antigua but then Most batsmen could have made hundreds on that pitch. Note we still won the series 3-0 so Lara didn't make much of a difference.
Tendulkar is the best batsman in the world closely followed by Lara. The ONLY man to have 10000 runs in each form of the game isn't as good as everyone thinks? Then why can't no one else score 13700 runs odd in ODIs and 10100 runs odd in test!? :rolleyes: He would struggle agaisnt Harmison and Flintoffs bounce? :eek: Do you recall the worldcup when he took Caddick's bouncer and put it into the stands? I guess not. Flintoff isnt as good as McGrath, Gillespie, Lee, Ntini, Pollock so keep quiet. Gillespie and especially Lee have more bounce than englands beloved flintoff.(who by the way hadn't play against australia before july 21!) Do you know Tendulkar's average against England is 76? Do you?! Harmison and Flintoff were playing by the way!!! And before you come with its because Tendulkar is playing in India his average in England is 71!!! Keep quiet. 6 Test centuries against england. Also he is the only man to play 100 test to have an average of over 55. Next in line is Dravid, but he hasnt got to 100 test yet. Englands bowling would struggle to get out...Tendulkar, Dravid, Kallis, Lara.
By the way...how did it feel to have 400 knocked off of your beloved Harmy and Flintoff and crappy Giles. Hmm? Shock and awe? Humiliation? Tell me :D

rashaba16 said:
Tendulkar is the best batsman in the world closely followed by Lara. The ONLY man to have 10000 runs in each form of the game isn't as good as everyone thinks? Then why can't no one else score 13700 runs odd in ODIs and 10100 runs odd in test!? :rolleyes: He would struggle agaisnt Harmison and Flintoffs bounce? :eek: Do you recall the worldcup when he took Caddick's bouncer and put it into the stands? I guess not. Flintoff isnt as good as McGrath, Gillespie, Lee, Ntini, Pollock so keep quiet. Gillespie and especially Lee have more bounce than englands beloved flintoff.(who by the way hadn't play against australia before july 21!) Do you know Tendulkar's average against England is 76? Do you?! Harmison and Flintoff were playing by the way!!! And before you come with its because Tendulkar is playing in India his average in England is 71!!! Keep quiet. 6 Test centuries against england. Also he is the only man to play 100 test to have an average of over 55. Next in line is Dravid, but he hasnt got to 100 test yet. Englands bowling would struggle to get out...Tendulkar, Dravid, Kallis, Lara.
By the way...how did it feel to have 400 knocked off of your beloved Harmy and Flintoff and crappy Giles. Hmm? Shock and awe? Humiliation? Tell me :D

Shame your captain was only in the test match for personal glory-he should have declared earlier. Also, Flintoff and Harmsion are far better bowlers now. Tell me, how did it feel when England beat you 3-0 on home soil.

England's bowlers couldn't get Lara out? They managed to do it in the West Indies and in England. "crappy" Giles as you say caused Lara no end of problems!

I believe it was a selfish innings. (i'm not a Lara fan, i'm a Sachin fan) But you couldnt get him out. 400 NOT OUT. I'm sure people will remember that more than being beaten 3-nil on home soil. But how will u feel when Australia beats you 5-nil or 4-nil. I guess England will crawl into their shell.
P.S - Yes Giles is utter garbage. Ave of 38 in ODIs and 38 in test. I MEAN COME ON! Even some Windies bowlers are better than that and they're crap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread