Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning All,

Interesting day so far. The ball appears to be doing a little bit more today. Having said that, the sun's just come out! Anything off-line or short is going to go as the pitch is so slow and the outfield so fast. More likely to be a miscued shot for a wicket than an edge, I'm guessing.

Comments earlier about Gillespie and Hoggard. These days, I think both are "handy on their day" and currently, I think Hoggard has the slight edge.

Regarding Giles - if any normal spinner (therefore not including the likes of Warne, Murali etc) can bowl well at Edgbaston, he can. He's comfortable bowling at the ground.

At the moment, the seamers are a (bit!) wayward. Langer and Ponting are class players so its going to be an interesting contest.

There was a comment about Vaughn not being a test player if he was an Aussie. I agree - your strength of batting is fantastic. Remember the days when Stuart Law and Mark Waugh couldn't make the test team? They would have been guarenteed indelible penned into the England team. However, Vaughn is a quality player suffering a dip of form. he is just as good as anyone in either team.

Here comes Gilo and I am preparing to eat my words! :)

19.5 Giles to Ponting, OUT: tossed up, on the pad, Ponting goes for the
sweep and top edges straight to Michael Vaughan at short fine-leg.
That is a tame, tame dismissal for a lion of a batsman who looked
well set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread