Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one thing that I dislike about Australians, they get so big-headed, thinking they are the greatest cricket team ever. They're not, and England are the second best test team in the world, so how are we crap? They need to learn to keep it in hope, not cockyness.

How can you be watching on a Sky Sports feed, m_vaughan? The match is being broadcasted on Channel 4, not Sky Sports.

Australia are 108-2. The batsman's glove and sweater hit the ball over Geraint Jones for four. Vaughnie has made an adjustment to the field, sending Banger wide at first slip.

FishBowlMan said:
If you must. They're probably higher than both Giles and Vaughn combined. But I'm willing to bet that our Gilovaugn has more wickets.
I think no one denies the fact that Ponting has had more success than Vaughan, but the England captain despite his blip in form has a decent test record.

Michael Vaughan (England)
Matches Played: 58
Runs: 4194
HS: 197
Average: 44.14

against Australia
Matches Played: 6
Runs: 640
HS: 183
Average: 53.33

Ricky Ponting (Australia)
Matches Played: 89
Runs: 7001
HS: 257
Average: 56.00

against England
Matches Played: 17
Runs: 1094
HS: 154
Average: 40.51

So its clear that Ponting is quite far ahead of Vaughan, but Vaughan has a better average in matches involving England and Australia.

m_vaughan said:
I think no one denies the fact that Ponting has had more success than Vaughan, but the England captain despite his blip in form has a decent test record.

Michael Vaughan (England)
Matches Played: 58
Runs: 4194
HS: 197
Average: 44.14

against Australia
Matches Played: 6
Runs: 640
HS: 183
Average: 53.33

Ricky Ponting (Australia)
Matches Played: 89
Runs: 7001
HS: 257
Average: 56.00

against England
Matches Played: 17
Runs: 1094
HS: 154
Average: 40.51

So its clear that Ponting is quite far ahead of Vaughan, but Vaughan has a better average in matches involving England and Australia.

i wouldnt call that a descent record... particularly the captain of the 2nd best team in the world.

silly marto!

44 isn't decent?

Our session thanks to Vaughan he had an immense session, Brilliant fielding positions for Haydens dismissal Caught ponting Yes Giles took the wicket. And his brilliant fielding to dismiss Martyn.

24.5 Flintoff to Martyn, no run, RUN OUT! Tip and run goes awry again as
Martyn plays this one towards Michael Vaughan and tries to scamper
a single. Vaughan nails the stumps and Martyn's a goner

Australia 118/3, Partnership of 30
DR Martyn run out (Vaughan) 20 (18b 4x4 0x6)

And with that it is lunch on the second day
Another action-packed session and again you have to say England
have the best of it

FishBowlMan said:
Says a lot about the Aussie captain if he's dismissed by a half decent player!

:D

There is one thing Giles get's that any other spinner doesn't and that's bounce as he is very tall much taller than most of the other spinners in world cricket.

Bowled well this morning bar a couple of deliveries.

Flintoff as good as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread