Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Richie losing it? First of all he called Simon Hughes "The Analyst" for Channel 4 Simon Jones, now he's promoting the Channel 4 website as the Channel 9 website

Not quite over here, 11:22pm. Going to stay up to 3:30 if I have to

*yawns*

Clarke and Langer seem to be travelling well

Yes they do, im hoping one of them will get out soon.

44.2 Giles to Clarke, OUT: quick and flat outside the off, Clarke feels
at that one and can only tickle it through to the keeper. Good
catch that from Jones

FishBowlMan said:
Regarding Giles - if any normal spinner (therefore not including the likes of Warne, Murali etc) can bowl well at Edgbaston, he can. He's comfortable bowling at the ground.
I love it when a plan comes together!

SkateBoarder2 said:
Well, he fielded nicely on: August 5 2005

I didnt know he was in the team as a fielder.

The_gas said:
Are you enjoying the game tsyrmas?

yes i am, is that relevant?

FishBowlMan said:
I assume that is last and not 1st. He made an unbeaten century for Yorkshire earlier in the week

it was last, sorry.. that wasn;t deliberate abreviation.. the sensor for my chordless keynoard was in a bad position, and wasn't pickin up all the keys i pressed. anyway, when was the last time ha played well at international level, where it counts?

49.4 Flintoff to Katich, OUT: fullish and outside the off, Katich prods
at a ball that slants away from him and edges to the keeper.
Another key breakthrough

tsyrmas said:
it was last, sorry.. that wasn;t deliberate abreviation.. the sensor for my chordless keynoard was in a bad position, and wasn't pickin up all the keys i pressed. anyway, when was the last time ha played well at international level, where it counts?
No problem A lower case "l" just looked similar to a number "1" so I wasn't sure.

Truth be told, I can't remember how he's got on recently in South Africa. His batting form has definitely suffered since he's been made captain, in the same way as Nasser Hussein, Michael Atherton, etc. I think his captaincy is worth a few runs anyway.

i am serious when i say that he shouldn't be in the one day side. he is not a one day player, and when he hasn't even got a ton to his name the english selectors really need to start considering their options. i think tresgothick could be a much better captain in the one day team, and possibly in the test team.

Trecothick is a good captain, although as far as the test team goes Vaughan has done nothing wrong and doesn't deserve to lose his place.

With regards to the one day set up, i think Vaughan should come in before Jones.

tsyrmas said:
i am serious when i say that he shouldn't be in the one day side. he is not a one day player, and when he hasn't even got a ton to his name the english selectors really need to start considering their options. i think tresgothick could be a much better captain in the one day team, and possibly in the test team.

many people said Mark taylor couldnt handle one day cricket as a captain and he did he became agressive trying to outplay slater... then went into a form slump as he got older

Well if you ask the England players, they'll tell you exactly how important Vaughanie is to the team. I am not saying Trescothick is a bad captain, but Vaughan is just simply better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread