Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff England!Really well played.Prolly a stupid decision to bowl first by Ponting,also taking into consideration Mcgraths injury,but to Engs credit they took advantage of that mistake,hope the secind day is as good.

Don't get optimistic till the end of the match. It's Australia, not some kind of low ranked nation.

I think Australia will come back strong.

Interesting decision by Ponting then to put England in on a 'perfect batting strip'

No question about that. I don't believe he could have possibly read the pitch so wrong. He must have had his heart set on bowling or didn't want to send the impression that he was going defensive by batting first (after the loss of McGrath).

I also agree McGrath is a big factor in the series, he is the world's premier bowler and has a particular taste for English batsmen/conditions.

I just get frustrated when people speak as though Australia have nobody capable of stepping in and doing the job. Certainly you can't replace bowlers of the calibre of McGrath and Warne, but aside from Gilchrist and those two, you could replace any of the remaining 8 in the team without too much trouble.

In any event the game is well set up. Let's hope the rain stays away...

Last edited:
sachin said:
I do think Aus will win,or in the worst possible situation it will be a draw.I can't see Aus not making a big score.
To be honest I think the same too. But I hope both of us are wrong, and England prove us wrong in the end.

I does look like a pitch on which the aussies can score 600+ runs, bat till day four and then unleash warne.

tsyrmas said:
i think england wish they had a descent spinner now, coz i dnt think their four pace lineup is gonna be very usefull now
Well maybe our four pronged pace attack will strike once again!! and if they dont then our spinner will....the king of spain!!

the pitch is way too slow i rekon... three pace is good, but i rekon uv got a spot wasted. the aussies treat giles like a club cricketer... they need to get a better spinner. also, i don;t think hoggard is that good. i rekon they could get ris of him, use simon jones as an opener and get another batsmen, or even alrounder in.

Day 1 didnt seem to offer much assitance to Warne as batsmen had a ton of time to change thier shots. But Giles will need to bowl well as he is now England's hope unless this pitch speeds up.

I have said this before....hoggard might not be as good as harmison and flintoff but he is a handy bowler, and has won matches single handedly for england in the past. he fits the jigsaw well and adds variety in terms of swing and seam to the four pronged pace attack of england.

AHA!!! i think we just worked out the difference between the aussies and england... Hogard is handy, but not all the time, i and i think we can all come to that conlusion. however in the aussie line up, no one is handy the work together. we don't have someone in the team for being a handy bowler, its just a bonus. for example, Katich is a good batsmen who can level an innings and bats well with the lower order, as well as being a handy chinaman bowler. hoggard, on the hand, is a handy bowler, but that is it. i think thats where some main prblems lie.

huh! i am begining to question ur knowledge on this sport called cricket... Jason Gillespie is far more usefull the hoggard.. last night he bowled a treat and he has for much of his career and he is going thru a bad for trott that looks to be over. he spear headed the best attack in the world along Glenn MCgrath.. and u can trust that ur score would have been half should he have played yesterday. and if ur talkin bout bad form Mr. Vaughan... shall we bring up the captain of ur side??? coz i dnt think hed be a test cricketer is he played for australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread