Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful shot by Harmison for four off Warne-straight out of C2K4, and then hes bowled. 375/9 now, and in walks Jones :)

Nearly 400 runs in a day after being asked to bat, Lee and Warne going for over 100 runs each, and then topped off with Harmison hooking Lee for 6. Unbelievable stuff.

Indeed looking forward to getting home and watching the highlights.

McGrath not playing .....major blow to Aus ....England should now try to make the most of it ......... Mcgrath is front line bowler....his absense will cost Australia....no doubt...

Bloody weather :mad: . That half hour or so of the Aussie innings could've been crucial; a wicket or two down tonight and England would've been in control. As it is they can start afresh tomorrow.

The pitch might be intriguing tomorrow, bit of moisture a bit of sunshine.

Who needs a 5th day? :D

The_gas said:
Indeed looking forward to getting home and watching the highlights.

I've been looking forward to getting home and reading them. This thread is a classic read after day 1 of a match.
Few points that occur to me:
Aus are a pretty average bowling team without McGrath
England need Thorpe in the middle order
KP needs to bat higher up; number 3 perhaps...
400 could be made to look ordinary if the Aussies make the most of this pitch; bad call by RP to put England in imo.

barmyarmy said:
400 could be made to look ordinary if the Aussies make the most of this pitch;
Agreed there. The funny thing is, after being put in, making over 400 in a day, with Lee and Warne going for over 100 each, I still don't feel that England have control of this Test yet, against this Aussie team. Against anyone else I'd feel confident, but...

barmyarmy said:
I've been looking forward to getting home and reading them. This thread is a classic read after day 1 of a match.
Few points that occur to me:
Aus are a pretty average bowling team without McGrath
England need Thorpe in the middle order
KP needs to bat higher up; number 3 perhaps...
400 could be made to look ordinary if the Aussies make the most of this pitch; bad call by RP to put England in imo.
To be very honest I dont think even McGrath could have done much today. England were positive throughout, which is a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread