Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
angryangy said:
i think if aus can get through the middle order quick enough they are back in it. also hoping and praying lee can work out how to swing the ball tomorrow.
Hmm. Well I dunno if KP and Flintoff will give up that easy.

I really hope that England will bat through day 3 and maybe session 1 of day 4. Will be amazing to see wat happens. Wish I had seen warne's ball. Was it jus like the ball that bowled gatting a long time bak?

If England get a lead over 250+, then its difficult for Australia. England have to play spin tommorow. that's the key.

jeromedascorp said:
Wish I had seen warne's ball. Was it jus like the ball that bowled gatting a long time bak?
Probably turned as far.

Well evening all. I'm going to curse channel 4 at this point for putting the highlights on at 12.50am!!!
mad.gif

I think this was more impressive in a way than yesterday. Yesterday the bowling attack was understrength and it was a good wicket to bat on. Today no-one seriously gave England much a chance of a 1st innings lead let alone one of 99!
I'll have to agree with Geoff Boycott here that Flintoff is actually England's best bowler. Add that to Gilo at Edgebaston (where he took his career best figures against the Windies last year) and suddenly the Aussie batting lineup didn't look so invincible. No wag from the tail either which is unusual.
Tomorrow the key for Australia will be to have someone else bowl as well as Warne or McGrath. Unless Lee, Gillespie or Kasprovicz really step up you'd fancy England to level the series here.

warne around the wicket. strauss leans into warnes delivery, puts his knee out, the ball hits the rough and turns in front of strauss. bam! middle stump. im really not impressed by his technique against warne. he could have hit that ball, but he relies heavily on his pads.

i said last night, watching him do it again and again, "first day he will get away with that maybe 9 out of 10. second day 5 out of 10. after that he doesnt stand a chance."

england will look to bat out tomorrow and get a lead of 400. warnes delivery confirms he is an Alien, probe him NASA not the former cricketer.

Jones was bowling really well with his swingers. Flintoff bowled really well too but Dizzy was unlucky but loooked out first time to me. by first time i mean irl as it happened. Giles bowled really well too, he was also our most economical bowler going at only 3 RPO.

Sureshot said:
Giles bowled really well too, he was also our most economical bowler going at only 3 RPO.

That's what he does well, people say doesn't spin it (which is false) and some more educated cricket lovers say he spins it very little (which is true) and I actually believe he is a better bowler than he would be if he could generate more turn

anakwalajinn said:
xcuse me, isnt hoggard a bowler and a tailender? =/ whats hes doing as nr 3 battig??

Never heard of a night watchman?.

Steve Moore said:
That's what he does well, people say doesn't spin it (which is false) and some more educated cricket lovers say he spins it very little (which is true) and I actually believe he is a better bowler than he would be if he could generate more turn

Kumble doesn't spin it much and he doesn't get lambasted.

Hoggard is our new NO 3 batsmen he has an array of shots with which no-one can defeat.

Rep points for whomever can spot the sarcasm.

May be negative or positive ;)

Sureshot said:
Kumble doesn't spin it much and he doesn't get lambasted.

Maybe it's because he averages under 30 with the ball, taken over 450 wickets and has a strike rate which is far superior to that of Giles.

barmyarmy said:
...and also plays on spin friendly pitches nearly every match...

Does he now.

Sureshot said:
Only Alien can spin it well on English pitches.

That's Warne btw.

What about Danish Kaneria, Mushtaq Ahmed and Saqlain Mushtaq, haven't those boys spun the bowl on English pitches to great effect in recent times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread