Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If England bat 10 more overs itll be a draw. England will get 30 runs in the 10 overs, and then there will be 39 left to get 260. Very slim chance of that happening.

Yeah, that's right. But Lee is really working on Giles right now.

Its almost an impossible task for the Aussies from now on! 45 overs remaining and England already lead by 238 with 3 wickets still in hand!

Both teams have played like true champions in this series with England surely emerging as new champions! I am sure with a few more test series victories, England will take it fully from Australia as the true world champions! Beating Australia is the ultimate and once beating them, other teams should be relatively easier! Congragulations to England! But Shane Warne bowled like a true champion. A career best series probably for him!

What a series this has been! For those who've not watched it live (like me!), a DVD of the series should come out for sure! i will be the first person to buy it!

The bad light is working for England. But that is normal tactics, if you want to win a series.

19 years of wait for this. (Or is it more?)

Yeah, there is already a DVD out for the highlights of Edgbaston. Actually after that Test a couple of days later it came available.

i think its really fair to see the best team won , throughout the series (apart form Lords) England have been the better team, ball and bat they have been excellent to watch . Freddie , S Jones and Pietersen have been fantastic most of the way through the series and the rest of the players have had there moments . Well played the aussies tho , they are a great team to watch but its fair to say they have met there match this time, the only thing I hope from and England point of view is that this sort form continues.

Cloud1863 said:
i think its really fair to see the best team won , throughout the series (apart form Lords) England have been the better team, ball and bat they have been excellent to watch . Freddie , S Jones and Pietersen have been fantastic most of the way through the series and the rest of the players have had there moments . Well played the aussies tho , they are a great team to watch but its fair to say they have met there match this time, the only thing I hope from and England point of view is that this sort form continues.

The final embers of this series are soon to fizzle out but the memory will live forever
The appetite to gloat recedes suddenly its no fun to see the hated enemy bleed
Cricket has risen from the Ashes and and taken victory and perhaps thats how it should be
No dishonour boys we are both champions in time boys when the wounds heal youll see :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

ZexyZahid said:
Yeah, there is already a DVD out for the highlights of Edgbaston. Actually after that Test a couple of days later it came available.

Yes but hes talking about for the series. That dvd was just a money making scheme, a scam IMO.

But they are releasing a dvd for the series, i have already seen a copy of the front.

I don't get it, even if they sent Aus in now, they'd still draw or win. This is poor cricket. I'm sure most of us would rather see England take a chance at a win than trundle into a draw.

England are gonna win the ashes now !

excellent performence from all the players from england as well as australia.
After a looooooooong time i was able to witness some really close Test matches.

JamesyJames3 said:
Yes but hes talking about for the series. That dvd was just a money making scheme, a scam IMO.

But they are releasing a dvd for the series, i have already seen a copy of the front.

Yeah, I know what he meant.

You English people should run to Trafalgar Square now. :)

angryangy said:
I don't get it, even if they sent Aus in now, they'd still draw or win. This is poor cricket. I'm sure most of us would rather see England take a chance at a win than trundle into a draw.
I would like to see that but its not gonna happen.

Well done England. There will be arguements about decisions etc in the future but England had to play well to force that to happen. And thats life.

angryangy said:

If England were to declare now there is a high chance that Ricky Ponting would agree to draw the match. He now understands that there not going to win, so whats the point in ruininng batsmans momentum/confidence and risking an embarrassing skittling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread