Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
barmyarmy said:
India away is a very tough series for anyone. As I said earlier, we'll need to beat them, Pakistan twice, SL and Aus away before we can be considered the best.
Don't agree with AA's rating on Collingwood. I thought he got a stinker in the first innings, bowled pretty well without much luck, and batted extremely well during a very difficult period today.

Couldnt agree with you more barmyarmy. And I wouldnt be suprised if he gets put in instead of Bell for Tests during the winter, although I still thinkk Bell has a future!

PS - im coming for that minigolf title again :p

barmyarmy said:
India away is a very tough series for anyone. As I said earlier, we'll need to beat them, Pakistan twice, SL and Aus away before we can be considered the best.
Don't agree with AA's rating on Collingwood. I thought he got a stinker in the first innings, bowled pretty well without much luck, and batted extremely well during a very difficult period today.

Yes I think Colly did quite well as I said in my ratings, (previous page I think). He got a poor decison first innings and held up an end well in the second. I feel he may push Bell for his place in future tests, although I do think Bell has a lot of potential.

JamesyJames3 said:
Couldnt agree with you more barmyarmy. And I wouldnt be suprised if he gets put in instead of Bell for Tests during the winter, although I still thinkk Bell has a future!

PS - im coming for that minigolf title again :p

Lol, if you read my post about 2 seconds ago we seem to share a similar opinion!!!!

Briggsey said:
"We will win the Ashes 5-0" - Glenn McGrath before the Ashes Series

Enough said! :D

you may find more such quotes in first few pages of this thread ;)

One other thing...Whilst Ashley Giles is an ok spinner, I think it's crucial
England find a decent Leg Spinner, it's really only the one thing the
team lacks at present.

Time to call in some boasts:

Jarryd said:
I always like this time of year, a few months out from the Ashes and suddenly England are on fire. They talk themselves up saying how in form they are etc and then we slaughter them. Its fun

Face it England, you've beaten no-one even mildly challenging and you are no hope of winning the Ashes.

Whole thread is quite amusing (titled: Sorry England but you have no chance in hell)

squiz said:
hah u wish mate. The day that I put an englishman in my sig will be the day that england win the ashes back off Australia (ie. Never)
here + also worth reading again

sachin said:
YES!even though i don't support aus,it's just natural to love watching the poms get themselves all worked up about winning the series when in actual fact it's hard to see them wnning a test.
here

brad352 said:
Well I don't think anyone can beat them in a series- in any one off Test, England
here

squiz again said:
Well think of it this way, if you do finally regain the ashes this year you can quote all the crap we've said the Aussies winning and rub it in our faces. If indeed England do win the ashes I think I'll be copping a lot of sh*t
here

brad352 said:
It only took one win (against bloody South Africa) to generate about 12 thousand Hoggard signatures, who knows what'd happen if you actually managed to win the Ashes
here

b.lee said:
i think you can fee pretty safe squiz, even if we send Australia A
here

Ok, I'm a bit bored of this now but there are plenty more examples...

All that now remains is for someone to design Squiz a new sig... As per our agreement it's to be a pic of England holding the Ashes and a speech bubble saying 'Aussie's suck'. Remember keep it to 300*100 but all entries welcome. See here!

ROFL! just what I was hoping for..someone posting a 'collection' of these.

well Congrats to England and to England fans and to everyone who supported England.

PS Aussies suck ;)

barmyarmy said:
Time to call in some boasts:

Whole thread is quite amusing (titled: Sorry England but you have no chance in hell)

here + also worth reading again

here

here

here

here

here

Ok, I'm a bit bored of this now but there are plenty more examples...

All that now remains is for someone to design Squiz a new sig... As per our agreement it's to be a pic of England holding the Ashes and a speech bubble saying 'Aussie's suck'. Remember keep it to 300*100 but all entries welcome. See here!
;)

As per our agreement it's to be a pic of England holding the Ashes and a speech bubble saying 'Aussie's suck'. Remember keep it to 300*100 but all entries welcome.
Don't you think the 'Aussie's suck' remark is a bit childish.
Come on, how old are you...10, 12, it's got to be around that
because an adult would know that is 'discrimination'.

Andrew G said:
Don't you think the 'Aussie's suck' remark is a bit childish.
Come on, how old are you...10, 12, it's got to be around that
because an adult would know that is 'discrimination'.

I'm going to put it down as post-modernist irony...

barmyarmy said:
I'm going to put it down as post-modernist irony...
I just don't think that is really needed, stuff like that is only going
to start a flame war, but if that's fine with who runs this forum, so be it.
I like being at this forum and I'd hate seeing people flaming each other
and spoil mine and others time we spend here...that's all.
Even if it was 'Brit's/Poms suck' I'd still have something to say about it,
after all, my mother is British and this forum does have rules about such
use of language (although those rules seem to mean nothing and apparently
aren't required to even be abided by).

Last edited:
Congratulations to england they were the better team and deserved their ashes win they outplayed us in bowling and batting for 4 of the 5 tests and the right team one the ashes enjoy it been a long time coming for you

15 months and you come here again I can't wait

Andrew G said:
I just don't think that is really needed, stuff like that is only going
to start a flame war, but if that's fine with who runs this forum, so be it.
I like being at this forum and I'd hate seeing people flaming each other
and spoil mine and others time we spend here...that's all.

No, you raise a good point and I think it's fair to say that my posts are usually balanced and well thought-out. However, considering the flak we have copped over the last few years I think that it is possible and acceptable to engage in light banter with other forum members we know well.
The world would be a boring place if we were never allowed to show emotion or say 'I told you so' but certainly any excessive and OTT posts will be dealt with by me or other admin in the usual way.
One of the things that has impressed me most about the Australian team and most the Australian fans on this forum is how commendably they have accepted defeat, put up their hands and admitted they were outplayed and gained respect for doing so. Hopefully we can follow there fine example and not be over-triumphalist although I definitely think we have some scores to settle and Squiz's sig is my personal one. Apologies to anyone who is offended by that... :p

Andrew G said:
this forum does have rules about such
use of language (although those rules seem to mean nothing and apparently
aren't required to even be abided by)

I don't think that is fair. Please use the report post feature for any post you feel breaks forum rules or PM an admin.

Congrats to the Aussies to for making it one of the most exciting and sporting series ever seen. I don't think any cricket lover wanted this summer to end.

I don't like wishing my life away but I can't bloody wait for Australia 2006!! I hope we'll hear Ritchie commentating on that series. He will be sorely missed

about time you won one jeez. getting all excited over it are you. won the ashes by three runs even thought technically kaspa was not out aye. bout time u won one, it was getting boring. although we had mcgrath missing for 2 tests and you only won by 3 runs. any way australia is still the better side because your pitches over there suit your pace bowlers, because your pitches suk. cant wait till you come over here and play on the best pitches in the world hey. wont handle it then will u. love 2 see u play lee at the wacca, jeez pietersen was scared of him on that slow pitch.

MagicHat said:
Lee - average of 40. I really don't think he deserves a 9 (irrespective of his batting, which was useful, but nothing more and not what he was selected for).

Pietersen - scored more runs than anybody else. Yeah yeah, dropped catches and that, and I can see where you're coming from but a batting average nearly 10 runs better than anybody else - the only player to average 50.
Lee was always fighting and produced wickets and chances at crucial times, even if the chances were missed. The important aspect was that he was constantly showing everybody how to approach cricket. Don't forget he took 20 wickets. What would you prefer, all out for 300 after 80 overs or all out for 500 after 160 overs? Sure, he's not selected to bat, but this isn't baseball, the more you can do for the team, the better. In his case he got Australia out of gaol a few times with the bat.

As they say, "Catches win matches." Dropped catches are half the reason Kevin Pietersen scored that 158. In fact, Pietersen didn't take a single catch all series. The Aussies owe him at least a six pack. You could look at it another way, that one of those dropped catches added 10 runs to Pietersen's series average. Now KP did that at least six times, so by his own mistakes in the field, he could have potentially negated any worth he had with the bat.

well done england even tho it seems it has been our out of form team vs your inform team because on paper it dont seem right

hayden vs trescothick-when inform hayden, but at the moment trescothick
langer vs strauss - obviously i think langer is better, but its a hard one seeing that strauss moulded himself around langer so equal i guess.
ponting vs vaughan-when inform ponting, but at the moment vaughan
bell vs martyn- when inform martyn but at the moment bell?just i guess
pieterson vs clarke -pieterson he just showed how dangerous he is
katich vs flintoff- FLINTOFF!!!!!!!
collingwood/jones vs gilchrist- at the moment jones/collingwood but inform gilly by far
warne vs giles- id have to say warney, even tho Glo got that 50 warne made higher scores and looked solid
hoggard vs lee- depends on the situation:p if you wanna be there all day hoggard if u want runs, lee.
mcgrath vs harmison- tough one:p but going on past records, ill go glenn
jones vs tait- jones by far, i dont understand why he doesnt bat at like 8:S
anyways well done england, looking forward to giving you some in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread