Australia in India 2013/14-Limited Overs

The captain comes in and makes it look so tough... But he will win it in the end with ease, as is his norm.

Yuvraj has been a major failure. His initial T20 knock was just an aberration. I would drop either one of Yuvraj and Raina, and bring in Pujara. If Pujara has to play 50 odd games before WC 2015, he needs to be starting NOW. India need more solidity to their middle order, and Yuvraj and Raina will be sacrificial lambs to be slaughtered, in Australia come 2015. Pujara with his technique can be a success in ODI's. Hope Dhoni gets out of his narrow mindset and inducts Pujara ASAP.

I think it's too early to call project Raina a failure. If he can sort out his short ball issues, he can be an amazing player at 4. Although, I do agree that he's a great finisher already and maybe keeping him there would be better, and raising Yuvraj to 4.

It's also hilarious how Harsha Bhogle says "McKay." He says "McKaai" because I think he thinks it's pronounced like that, not realizing that Australians pronounce it McKaai only because of their Australian accent.

Bailey Century=No Win for us :/

This guy is just a sensation. So we have already got another Sachin?

He is not the new Sachin he is Kohli :cheers

What a game, what a tweaking game. Kohli is an absolute beauty. Dhawan was awesome and Rohit batted well, too. Does anybody want to become a bowler?

SuperBat Kohli. This game was as predictable as a superhero movie - the superhero prevails in the end yet again. He is a monster :eek:

Kohli is just going through a very red hot good phase in his career. A great player though, is made up by his tough and challenging days. Those kinds of days are what really makes up great players. Lets see how Kohli handles them. For now, he can revel in all the glory he gets.

Would be interesting to see how this side fares abroad in ODI's. Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli and Dhoni are not flustered much by pace and bounce. Its Raina and Yuvraj who are the trouble spots. I will keep continuing to say that we need a Pujara or a Rahane or a Rayudu in the batting order in place of Yuvraj and/or Raina. That way, our batting order can be beefed up quite strongly for Australia.

Tbh, not really surprised by the result today! Actually makes me wonder if our bowlers are that bad. 350+ chased, yet again!:facepalm

But finally a nail-biter.:clap

I'm not sure how these pitches are actually helping our best rated bowlers? Someone BCCI to take a dig at it, hoping the matter will be looked into after the end of this series.

Johnson again unsettling our middle order, and as I've been saying that Raina and Yuvraj ( and Jadeja, though who expects from him ) haven't been able to handle his pace on flat Indian tracks. Serious concerns these. And But this has to happen -
I would drop either one of Yuvraj and Raina, and bring in Pujara. If Pujara has to play 50 odd games before WC 2015, he needs to be starting NOW. India need more solidity to their middle order, and Yuvraj and Raina will be sacrificial lambs to be slaughtered, in Australia come 2015. Pujara with his technique can be a success in ODI's. Hope Dhoni gets out of his narrow mindset and inducts Pujara ASAP.

I couldn't agree more with this. Just that we still have to see how he fares abroad, last time he wasn't really looking good in SAF. Even in the two chances he got against Zimbabwe, he didn't look comfortable against the moving ball at all. I really hope he isn't a flop in the upcoming Indian tour to RSA, as we already look in him a batsman of great rigidity and temperament.

Wicket may be roads, but ha you got to love that India top 3 at the moment when they in full flow.

Its Raina and Yuvraj who are the trouble spots. I will keep continuing to say that we need a Pujara or a Rahane or a Rayudu in the batting order in place of Yuvraj and/or Raina. That way, our batting order can be beefed up quite strongly for Australia.

They both have problems against moving deliveries and also against the short balls. However, I don't think you can drop Yuvraj from the ODI team. I feel that we need to give him old position of number 4 back. If you want to drop someone, it has be to be Raina but I don't think it will happen. The current batting order is the one that you are likely to see in the 2015 WC unless someone is injured or horribly out of form. In bowling though, I would like to see Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, B.Kumar, Shami Ahmed and Jaydev Unadkat/Irfan Pathan. With Ashwin and Mishra adding up the spinner slots.

Let's see how Raina and Yuvraj performs in South Africa.

I think it's too early to call project Raina a failure. If he can sort out his short ball issues, he can be an amazing player at 4. Although, I do agree that he's a great finisher already and maybe keeping him there would be better, and raising Yuvraj to 4.

The think thank has erred in having Raina at 4. Ideally, I'd have put Kohli in that position with Pujara taking the No.3 slot. Raina has not nothing great for the team in the recent past. I know many of you will hate to hear this- but- Raina is in cause of the CSK influence and the unbelievably long rope that is handed out to a select crop of players.

Dhawan and Sharma have done well at the top. Though, I'd also like to see either of Sehwag/Gambhir making a comeback in which case you can push Rohit to 5.

Sewag/Gambhir
Dhawan
Kohli
Pujara
Rohit
MSD

If the Top order looks this way for WC 2015, I think India will have a good chance.

----------

Let's see how Raina and Yuvraj performs in South Africa.

That is if they make it to South Africa....

Congrats to India, hardly surprising they won though. This is a serious problem for the game and unfortunately nothing will be done about it. You really have to wonder whether a bowler like McGrath would even survive these days, I know he wouldn't take 500 test wickets thats for sure.

Congrats to India, hardly surprising they won though. This is a serious problem for the game and unfortunately nothing will be done about it. You really have to wonder whether a bowler like McGrath would even survive these days, I know he wouldn't take 500 test wickets thats for sure.

I'm not sure if the wickets have been necessarily more flatter this series than past AUS ODI's in India for example. IND bowling is usually average, but to some level i think the IND batsmen need to be given some credit because AUS bowling attack (although it not totally at full-strength) is no joke attack.

One change AUS must make in the final ODI if they want to keep their excellent ODI record in India since 1998 is to bring in Coulter-Nile for Doherty.

Don't know why AUS always pick him, he is a nothing spinner & is not a wicket taking threat. Let Maxwell/Voges/Finch combine to bowl spin.

I'm not sure if the wickets have been necessarily more flatter this series than past AUS ODI's in India for example. IND bowling is usually average, but to some level i think the IND batsmen need to be given some credit because AUS bowling attack (although it not totally at full-strength) is no joke attack.

One change AUS must make in the final ODI if they want to keep their excellent ODI record in India since 1998 is to bring in Coulter-Nile for Doherty.

Don't know why AUS always pick him, he is a nothing spinner & is not a wicket taking threat. Let Maxwell/Voges/Finch combine to bowl spin.

Yeah but since those series there have been multiple rule changes to favour the batsman. The powerplay, the amount of fielders you can have outside the ring has changed and there is 2 balls at both ends now, so the ball is much easier for the batsman to hit at the end. I will agree to some extent about the bowling though, we're both beating a dead horse with the yorker thing now but the thing that surprised me the most is I'm barely seeing any slower balls. I'm surprised I'm not seeing used as much because its a genuine wicket taking option at the end when everyones slogging.

----------

Don't get me wrong I'm taking nothing away from the likes of Dhawan and Kohli, they're both in amazing form, its just the beauty of cricket for me has always been the even contest between bat and ball and its just sad to see bowlers pummeled into submission so frequently these days.

Users who are viewing this thread