Australia in India 2013/14-Limited Overs

Yeah but since those series there have been multiple rule changes to favour the batsman. The powerplay, the amount of fielders you can have outside the ring has changed and there is 2 balls at both ends now, so the ball is much easier for the batsman to hit at the end. I will agree to some extent about the bowling though, we're both beating a dead horse with the yorker thing now but the thing that surprised me the most is I'm barely seeing any slower balls. I'm surprised I'm not seeing used as much because its a genuine wicket taking option at the end when everyones slogging.

----------

Don't get me wrong I'm taking nothing away from the likes of Dhawan and Kohli, they're both in amazing form, its just the beauty of cricket for me has always been the even contest between bat and ball and its just sad to see bowlers pummeled into submission so frequently these days.

Ye the balance between bat & ball is at an all-time low now in favourtism towards batsmen.

Ha, Dhoni even said in the press conference some of the bowlers are saying you may as well put a bowling machine out there. Really glad he is acknowledging the issue as well, he has a lot of power so hopefully something will be done.

How can anyone that loves the sport possibly enact laws that are this poor for the bowlers? I hate it that world cricket is run by bureaucrats rather than passionate people/enthusiasts/aficionados/devotees. I will always maintain that bowlers, especially fast bowlers, are the real athletes of cricket. You can get away with a non-athletic build if you're a batsman, but fast bowling requires both wits and strength.

What a game, what a early Septembering game. Kohli is an absolute beauty. Dhawan was awesome and Rohit batted well, too. Does anybody want to become a bowler?

What does 'early septembering' mean?

Last edited:
The Ashes 2013-14 : Mitchell Johnson released from India tour for Ashes prep | Cricket News | England in Australia - The Ashes | ESPN Cricinfo

Awww shitttttt!

I remember reading a tweet during the India and South Africa game in CT13 and it again fits perfectly here.

Mitchell Johnson not playing.That light breeze you just felt was Suresh Raina and Yuvraj Singh's massive sigh of relief.

----------

Creativity.

Understandable decision, but AUS need to bring in Coulter-Nile & Henriques to give themselves more bowling options. Doherty must be dropped or else they will lose their first ODI series in India since 1996.

Without Mitch, the Aussies maybe in for a tough night. Remember the Bangalore ground is quite small. I am not ruling out 400+ by the team batting first. Heck ! Even that can be chased down at Bangalore....

So finally Coulter-Nile will get a chance :cheers

Without Mitch, the Aussies maybe in for a tough night. Remember the Bangalore ground is quite small. I am not ruling out 400+ by the team batting first. Heck ! Even that can be chased down at Bangalore....

Yup the ground is small and a belter for batsmen hope rain stays off :), want to know more just remember englands draw against india in 2011 wc, irelands upset chase against englands 300+ score, 200+ chased by rcb against two 2011 clt20 qualified ausies team, its all while chasings :) and chasing teams have got good result in my home town :)

Ha, Dhoni even said in the press conference some of the bowlers are saying you may as well put a bowling machine out there. Really glad he is acknowledging the issue as well, he has a lot of power so hopefully something will be done.

I think the ICC is trying to make the game more entertaining, but that shouldn't be at the cost of some important rules.

What the new rules does is,

In Asian conditions,
Spinners don't get any help from the pitches because the ball doesn't get considerably old.
No reverse swing - most bowlers would be hammered for runs with 5 fielders inside the circle.

In Away conditions
Again no help for the spinners, a big disadvantage for countries with good spin bowlers.
The openers job would be very challenging because they have to face 2 new balls in seaming conditions, and at the same time it becomes easy for the middle and lower middle order, and this isn't right at all.

Good from CA that they put this series in perspective by taking out Johnson and having him prepare for the Ashes. The Ashes might be overkill these days, but its far better than having two good teams play a meaningless 7 match ODI series on some of the most flattest pitches under ridiculous ODI rules.

Its just one game now, i dont really understand why CA want Mitch Johnson back now! This makes no sense if you ask me, if he had to be re called that should have been like during the 2nd ODI or 3rd ODI. Seriously insane this is!

Its just one game now, i dont really understand why CA want Mitch Johnson back now! This makes no sense if you ask me, if he had to be re called that should have been like during the 2nd ODI or 3rd ODI. Seriously insane this is!

Doesn't really matter though this still an irrelevant series, I know BCCI and Star Sports are going to advertise it as some big finale, but the reality is the Aussies already had the Ashes on their minds weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread