Australia in India 2013/14-Limited Overs

Last year Rohit Sharma was the most trolled cricketer. Now, he is one of the most respected cricketer. This is a great transformation. A brilliant knock from Rohit and Dhoni. But i am really unhappy with the new ODI rules, 115 runs in the last 6 overs? This looks dangerous for the bowlers but yeah the tracks are to be blamed too... the pitches in India are nothing more than a national highway! These kind of insane hitting won't happen in Old Trafford and Melbourne etc..

Check my post above

Stop Blaming The Rules

Blame The Pitches :cheers

Look at the number of full tosses being bowled, the number of long hops, absolutely no use of slower ones or yorkers. Even on the same pitches, would Waqar, Wasim, McGrath or Ambrose have gone for the same number of runs? No, is my bet. I can remember some pancake like wickets even in the past but never has the quality of bowling been this atrocious. This Aussie attack is no better than the Bangladeshi attack. We have seen flat pitches in the subcontinent previously with 20 overs of powerplay but skilled bowlers will prevail. Remember the WC 2011 tie? Inspite of all the carnage around, skilled bowling by Zaheer and Bresnan still reigned in the batsmen. The spin bowling here is mediocre and frankly speaking club class.

I'll agree to an extent about the bowling, but what are they supposed to do? Its very discouraging knowing that most likely any ball you bowl will go for four or six. I strongly disagree with your comment about the pitches as well, I have never seen pitches like the slabs of concrete being put out there in this series. This comment from cricinfo summed up my thoughts entirely:

"Why don't they let India bat the next 50 overs as well? Isn't that what the groundsmen, the board, the whole country want - watch their team piling up runs for fun regardless the outcome of the match?"

Seriously ^ :/

This is all well and good for India now but is this really going to help the likes of Rohit and Kohli facing Philander and Steyn on a juicy Joburg deck in a few months?

If it is in pitches then tell Australia to chase because there is nothing in the pitch there is in Rohit's Talent, timing, cuts, etc.As well as the ground is small.

Australia lowest score in this series is 295 so yes we can chase this

But highest is 359 and Mohammed Shami is with the seam as well Bhuvnesh with the swing.

If it is in pitches then tell Australia to chase because there is nothing in the pitch there is in Rohit's Talent, timing, cuts, etc.As well as the ground is small.

You're missing the point, regardless of the result this is a cricket match they are supposed to be playing in, not the home run derby.

India highest before this match was around 360 right

Buddy you are Biased

Users who are viewing this thread