Australia in India 2013/14-Limited Overs

AMB

Banned
I am going to watch the match will meet later.

----------

Australia's best batsman is Out what you will do 112 v 7 oppening patnership.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think Australia's best batsman in this series has been George Bailey. That guy is a monster.

playkid12

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
As an Indian cricket fan, I like it that my team's batsmen are scoring runs, but as a cricket fan, these new rules and horrible pitches are an utter disgrace. How can anyone enjoy these contests? The bowlers are being robbed here. Don't get me wrong, Aussie bowled pretty badly to hurt their chances even more, but not bad enough to where India would post 383. Even with Rohit Sharma's 200, the key batsman on the Indian team was the pitch. I don't even know what the score would've been if Kohli wasn't runout.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I'll agree to an extent about the bowling, but what are they supposed to do? Its very discouraging knowing that most likely any ball you bowl will go for four or six. I strongly disagree with your comment about the pitches as well, I have never seen pitches like the slabs of concrete being put out there in this series. This comment from cricinfo summed up my thoughts entirely:

"Why don't they let India bat the next 50 overs as well? Isn't that what the groundsmen, the board, the whole country want - watch their team piling up runs for fun regardless the outcome of the match?"

The pitch does`nt matter if you keep bowling long hops and full tosses against supremely confident batsmen. We had the Champions trophy in England a few months back and I did`nt see it making any difference to the Indian batsmen. Those were damp conditions as well. India made 331 against SA and it could easily have been a 350+ total there if not for a few wickets at the end. Against he West Indies, India cruised to their target of 240ish with 15 overs to spare. This lineup chased down 330 in 36 overs at Hobart, 330 in 40ish overs against Pakistan at Mirpur. The pitch looked like a minefield at Cardiff during the Champions Trophy semis against SL. SL stuttered to 183 against the Indian seamers while India cantered to the target in 35 overs or so. So, one of the factors is how fearless this Indian lineup is. I would`nt be surprised if they back themselves to do this under any conditions. I remember some of the quality of hitting by Raina and Dhoni during the 2011 ODI series in England.

The bowling quality matters to a great extent. Shami Ahmed now is zipping it at 140+ and see the difference. Batsmen are`nt lining it up and hitting it out of the park yet. Its the same pitch, the same rules. Yes, the pitches are`nt the most competitive but I still feel that more skilled bowlers would not have been treated with so much contempt.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh, boy! Ain't Aussies missing the birthday boy but seriously, BCCI needs to stop the curators from making roads. The 3 doubles have all come on Indian pitches which is not only disappointing for the fans who want to watch an even battle between bat and ball but the practice to make such tracks will also affect the Indian quicker bowlers, who are not that great anyways, adversely.

Runs | Player | Match | Venue | Year
219|Virender Sehwag(Ind)|India v West Indies|Indore|2011
209|Rohit Sharma (Ind)|India v Australia|Banglaore|2013
200*|Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)|India v South Africa|Gwalior|2010

India highest before this match was around 360 right

362/1 that they scored last month at Jaipur. Their highest total overall is 418/5 against West Indies they managed back in late 2011.

AMB

Banned
Runs|Player|Match|Venue|4s|6s|Year
219|Virender Sehwag(Ind)|India v West Indies|Indore|25|7|2011
209|Rohit Sharma (Ind)|India v Australia|Banglaore|12|16|2013
200*|Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)|India v South Africa|Gwalior|25|2|2010
You missed something.

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Runs|Player|Match|Venue|4s|6s|Year
219|Virender Sehwag(Ind)|India v West Indies|Indore|25|7|2011
209|Rohit Sharma (Ind)|India v Australia|Banglaore|12|16|2013
200*|Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)|India v South Africa|Gwalior|25|2|2010
You missed something.

Whichever way you look at it, the pitches were all roads.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Oh, boy! Ain't Aussies missing the birthday boy but seriously, BCCI needs to stop the curators from making roads. The 3 doubles have all come on Indian pitches which is not only disappointing for the fans who want to watch an even battle between bat and ball but the practice to make such tracks will also affect the Indian quicker bowlers, who are not that great anyways, adversely.

Samuels, the Aussie batsmen on the same pitch struggled to put bat to ball against Shami during his first spell. What do you make of that. The bowling quality is equally to blame for all this. Where are the yorkers and bouncers bowled with effort? Also, this Indian lineup is a beast that has the ability to consistently post 300 (ODIs) in any conditions. You saw that in the ICC CT13 and in the Caribbean.

When Shami was bowling well in that first spell, the Aussies were struggling but the moment Vinay Kumar came in to bowl, you can see how easily the runs are coming.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Yes the pitches are flat but we should not take any credit away from players. It takes some effort to score 200 even on roads against bowling attack like this.

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Samuels, the Aussie batsmen on the same pitch struggled to put bat to ball against Shami during his first spell. What do you make of that. The bowling quality is equally to blame for all this. Where are the yorkers and bouncers bowled with effort? Also, this Indian lineup is a beast that has the ability to consistently post 300 (ODIs) in any conditions. You saw that in the ICC CT13 and in the Caribbean.

When Shami was bowling well in that first spell, the Aussies were struggling but the moment Vinay Kumar came in to bowl, you can see how easily the runs are coming.

I am sure if India were chasing 380+ on this very wicket, they would have been batting in a similar fashion as well. It is all about pressure. Plus, Aussies do not have a long list of great stroke makers, something that India can boast about.

Bailey gone! His innings had the "sameness" of the one he played at Rajkot last month, Shastri would think.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag