Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
This is great, Congrats to all the South Africans, well done Gibbs, just the greatest match ever.

cricket doctor said:
I guess this thread will also brake all the records today. :D

Dunno. We created about 300 pages when England won the Ashes...

Anyone hear the post-match interviews? Care to post a summary?

barmyarmy said:
Anyone hear the post-match interviews? Care to post a summary?

Another good thing was all the guys who performed well in this match,were rewarded.
1. Gilchrist for his 50
2. Ponting for his sensational 164 of 105 balls.
3. Mike Hussey for his brilliant 81 of 51 balls.
4. Nathan Bracken for his 5 for 67. :D
5. Greame Smith for his sensational 90 of 55 balls.
6. H.Gibbs for his memorable and one of the best ODI innings (175 of 111 balls)
7.Mark Boucher for his brilliant 50* of 43 balls.

Man of the match -> H.Gibbs and R.Ponting
Man of the series -> S. Pollock

More to come....

JamesyJames3 said:
Poor captaincy from Ponting all day in my opinion. He rivals Chanderpaul as the worst captain in cricket for me!

Nevertheless, and amazing game and credit to both sides. South Africa definately have the second best set of fans in the world, behind the Barmy Army ofcourse.

yea.., Ricky Ponting is one of the worst captains in the game presently. But he used to get away with it because of the great team he captained. Noe that they are not fielding a team vastly superior in skills, his inadequencies are being exposed.

A great game and a great way to end this series!, both teams played brilliantly, I play tribute to Ricky Ponting for his sportsmanship by sharing the man of the match with Herschelle Gibbs, great character, and just what cricket needs, on the other hand Gibbs you gem with the bat and also with the mic saying that he hopes all the spectators would'nt get a moerse babelaas (hang-over)

all's well that end's well!!!!!!!!

the tests are sure to be a ripper

cricket doctor said:
Another good thing was all the guys who performed well in this match,were rewarded.
1. Gilchrist for his 50
2. Ponting for his sensational 164 of 105 balls.
3. Mike Hussey for his brilliant 81 of 51 balls.
4. Nathan Bracken for his 5 for 67. :D
5. Greame Smith for his sensational 90 of 55 balls.
6. H.Gibbs for his memorable and one of the best ODI innings (175 of 111 balls)
7.Mark Boucher for his brilliant 50* of 43 balls.

Man of the match -> H.Gibbs and R.Ponting
Man of the series -> S. Pollock

More to come....

Ponting actually handed over his 'share' of the man of the match award to Gibbs, because in the context, the innings that Gibbs played was of utmost importance, and without him we surely would have lost. I must admit, what Ponting did there, has drawn me to respect him somewhat.

Last edited:
what a match it was. we had our final today in a local tournament here and we were getting messages about this match on mobile so we were really surprised when we saw Aus scored 434 in their 50 overs.we were talking about it .one of our friends said SA can chase this total bcoz anything can happen in ODI. we all were laughing @ him.
but they won the match.OMG this is really amazing.well done SA(gibbs,boucher,smith..) i think it was the greatest day in one day cricket.872 runs scored in 100 overs Omg it is unbelieveable it really is

wohoo..what a match. Wonderful. When i went to bed, Aus. were 60/0 in 8 overs or something, and i thought they would get to around 320..but this is even fabulous!
One of the best ODI to have ever been played (may be the best!)

For all those interested in what the pitch was like....It was green and seaming all over the place....*smack*...of course it was flat. But it took 2 brilliant innings from each sides most talented batsman to make the scores look so unbelievable.

The test series is gonna be fascinating again......I will be at Newlands- Look out for the streaker at lunch on the first day...LOL

Wooooow,probably the best match ever,probably the best series ever!I love u Herschelle and Boucher!Nice to see Vd Wath in the action and Ntini actually blocked a ball!,now we've seen everything.Thats for the 99 w\c!I can't believe this is real.Who needs 20/20 cricket.

I am speechless. Just a few hours after talking about Ponting and his greatness, one of my favourite players, Herschelle Gibbs simply overshadows that innings, in what was simply the GREATEST cricket match ever.

Fitting end to a fantastic series - is an understatement.

Wonderful match, absolutely fantastic, and fair play to both sides. Spare a thought for Mick Lewis though :eek: .

Users who are viewing this thread