Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
Told you guys Bollinger was better than Lewis. We wouldn't have seen 0/100+ from him. Hopefully our selectors get the sack after our latest loss due to them picking Lewis on the back of crap form and giving Johnson a free trip to SA.

How about selecting new selectors...
Absolutely stupid decision to take Johnson along, play him one match and destroy his confidence. Seeing that he's there, they might as well really test his ability in a constant format, and by doing this show some faith in him, rather than making inconclusive comments about his title of "a once in a lifetime bowler".

Here's the South African test squad, if it hasn't already been posted:
South Africa squad Graeme Smith (capt), Boeta Dippenaar, Herschelle Gibbs, AB de Villiers, Jacques Kallis, Jacques Rudolph, Ashwell Prince, Mark Boucher (wk), Shaun Pollock, Andrew Hall, Nicky Boje, Makhaya Ntini, Andre Nel, Garnett Kruger.
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/rsavaus/content/current/story/240509.html

Good to see the selectors giving Boje a recall, he's a steady performer who can really assist their pace attack by bowling in the right areas and maintaining the pressure. Also a positive move to pick Hall, although I thought Kemp might have been included. When you look at it, pretty safe bowling options, with every bowler having the ability to sustain accuracy for quite a while.

Last edited:
Wow what a game!Personally i think people should stop sulking about the selectors(why is Clarke back in?He hasn't done anything).Lewis deserves his spot. Great game!Congratulations to SAF.

Is Pollock going to be fit for the tests? Nel and Ntini will be the one's Aus will need to be careful about.
Test series should be even more exciting. Can't wait for it.

Well, seriously sachin, they haven't been going too well. I don't think Lewis really deserves his spot above someone like Bollinger, but Stuart Clark is definitely warranted selection for a while atleast, he's been performing consistently, picking up wickets and forcing the errors.
And cricketlover, I think Pollock is 50/50 about being fit for the first test, and if he does prove unfit to play, it'll be a huge blow not only to the bowling aspect, but the level of experience he adds to the side, his steady batting and intelligence on the field.

Last edited:
aussie1st said:
WTF just happened. How in Gods name did we just lose with 434 on the board. You have got to be joking me. Lewis has to be sacked, so to Clark. What happened to our best bowler in the world? Geez I cannot believe it.
I just got up and holy crap what is this world coming to, 438 is too much to chase and I thought our own Indian bowling was the worst in defending and giving away big totals. At least it gives me a hope Aus won't be winning the next world cup so easily. :p
yeah, and can someone get their hats-off and run naked now, I wanna watch it.

I just got up and looked at the scorecard. You've got to be kidding me! I've gotta watch the replay of this. Anyone who thinks I might be angry/bitter toward Safrica is dead wrong. To win chasing that much deserves full and total respect.

Does anyone know where I can buy a DVD/Video of this final ODI match?

I think both teams are pretty sorted out with their batting orders. Now they need decent bowlers.

Were hey playing this match on concrete with 30 metre boundaries or something?

I just honestly cannot udnerstand how the bowlers got taken for soo many runs. Wheres the yorkers? heres the bouncers? Wheres the good stock deliveries?

I want to see this game too. I would of recorded it to DVD had I been Australian and had coverage. Like I do to NZ matches. Mabee some of the highlights will show up on youtube. Being more a fan of bowling it may make me sick. lol.

But seriously. Both Captains need sacking and every bowler mabee apart from Bracken. The selectors need sacking also.

Last edited:
people keep going on about what a performance by both team

more like great performance by the batters from both team

personally its not good for the game because kids growing up just want to be batters now and not bowlers there just isn't good quality bowlers around now

i dont know what to say.....that is just embarrassing.

now admittedly i never watched the match cos i dont have pay tv, but really if u cant defend 434, then u shouldnt be playing international cricket....bar Bracken who looking at the scorecard did well.

Bracken was still expensive. At least he got wickets also. They must be been playing on concrete.

Seriously can someone who watched the game ell me. Was it just amazing batting from both teams? Absolutly terrible bowling by both teams? Or was the pitch concrete?

Users who are viewing this thread