Australia tour of West Indies

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeh, I've not been impressed with what I've seen so far either. His domestic stats are awful for an out and out batsman. Only averaging 27 in FC cricket with a best of 85 and only 6 fifties in 35 innings, then he only averages 21 in domestic List A games, with 1 hundred and 3 fifties in 28 games. Hardly impressive figures, there must be someone in domestic West Indian cricket who is performing better than this. If he's the best that West Indies have to offer in terms of young talent, then they're screwed. Even Jehan Mubarak has a higher FC average for Sri Lanka, and we all know how awful he is.
Obviously didn't see him in the Test series. :rolleyes:

angryangy

ICC Chairman
His FC best of 85 actually took place in the Test series, so I'd say that's an innings worth a fair bit. A bit harsh to judge a player on consistency after barely a couple of seasons; he only just learned about the free hit in ODIs! Unlike a lot of the scrappy batsmen the West Indies dig up, Marshall did look comfortable against Australia. He definitely has a talent, but also seems an example of why the West Indies need to find their players young, for one, because picking players on form out of such a feeble competition is pointless, but mainly because a player like that is going to languish without discipline and leadership.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
A great comeback win by the Australian team. Watson kept his cool, which was suprising. I was dissapointed to see the ground staff didn't acknowledge David Hussey's 50. So not even his team-mates could show their appreciation, at least they won in the end.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Yeh, I've not been impressed with what I've seen so far either. His domestic stats are awful for an out and out batsman. Only averaging 27 in FC cricket with a best of 85 and only 6 fifties in 35 innings, then he only averages 21 in domestic List A games, with 1 hundred and 3 fifties in 28 games. Hardly impressive figures, there must be someone in domestic West Indian cricket who is performing better than this. If he's the best that West Indies have to offer in terms of young talent, then they're screwed. Even Jehan Mubarak has a higher FC average for Sri Lanka, and we all know how awful he is.

Dont know if you watched the tests but he did really good after being called up for the 2nd test. Yea he struggled in the ODIs but he showed enough in tests to deserve his spot in the XI and there is nobody better in domestic cricket.
I have backed him for a while and I kept saying that he should replace Samuels even before Samuels got banned.
I feel that in the ODIs he should be coming in at #3 or 4 with Gayle and Chanderpaul opening or maybe even Bravo.

We need to give Ramdin and ultimatum start performing or get dropped for someone else. With the champions trophy coming up we need to iron out some things and get things in order.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
No change to our lineup, very surprising thought Clark would definitely be given a go. Guess it explains why we didn't bring a spinner they clearly aren't using this tour to experiment, looks like they are trying to show the world Australia still mean business.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I'm not surprised they chose not to rest Lee, he can rest from tomorrow until August. If they were going to rest any of the bowlers, they would have done it sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Ok good, bad shot, but good for us. Watson gone to what was a wide delivery from Bravo. We will take them any way they come. But nice platform set for a very big total by the Aussies.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Ronchi in at 3 and wow he almost chopped this one, from Powell on his stump. I believe that we have missed a step, playing two front line fast bowlers, a spinner and Bravo, who seems to be limping :noway

WestIndian added 10 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

This is what I mean, Gayle is already bowling in the Power Play period and in his first over Ronchi already hit 3 sixes.
What a welcome drinks break. :help :noway

Last edited:

Inbox24

Club Cricketer
Wow Luke Ronchi, no mug with the bat, brings up his 5th six already. Playing T20 here.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Wow Luke Ronchi, aka ShotGun Ronchi (Tony Cozier), the guy have come in and by passed Marsh, hitting like a king. And we are short one bowler, as to that making a diffrence, don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread