Story Australia vs West Indies - Tests and 20/20 (RPIC - PS2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MWaugh said:
beat you to something again hey slats? :p dont be too upset mate

Ouch that one hurt. Im sure if i was a moderator i would win alot of stuff to. Anyway that's an interesting squad you've got there. Hayden and Watson back in the green and gold.

West Indian Squad Named

The West Indian Cricket Board have named a 17 man to host the Australian Cricket team. 17 were named because some were in doubt because of injury. The squad is as follows:

Ramnaresh Sarwan
Chris Gayle
Shivnarine Chanderpaul (captain)
Ricardo Powell
Sylvester Joseph
Dwayne Smith
Ridley Jacobs (wicket-keeper)
Ian Bradshaw
Ravi Rampaul
Fidel Edwards
Tino Best
Brian Lara
Mervyn Dillon
Corey Collymore
Pedro Collins

Left Hander seems to be bobbing up all over the place lately and he caught up with the West Indian captain, Shiv Canderpaul.

LH: Hi Shiv, how are you going mate?
SC: Quite good.
LH: Are you looking foward to playing Australia?
SC: You always look foward to playing the best sides in the world and Australia is no exception.
LH: Any new players in the squad?
SC: No we have picked the most experienced and best to take on the world champions.
LH: Good luck for the series.
SC: Thanks mate.

Shivinarine Chanderpaul after Left Hander talked to him about the upcoming series against Australia.

Attachments

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul.jpg
    Shivnarine Chanderpaul.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies and comments guys. I might get the first 20/20 game done this week. I have a history assignment due though. School is more important so that will be first priorty.

Try and not attach the images. Use Gamebreaker's tutorial for uploading images.

What is so bad about attaching the images Gary? I don't see anything wrong with it. It is also easier for me.

Left_Hander said:
What is so bad about attaching the images Gary? I don't see anything wrong with it. It is also easier for me.

I thought it takes longer for the server to load

Lara is confident about 20/20 series win

Brian Lara was really confident about a series win over Australia in the 3 match 20/20 series. At a recent press conference he was qouted saying. "I'm really confident about beating the Australian team as we have played some really good cricket against the Indians on our home turf in a One Day series recently and I personally believe we can carry that form into this 20/20".

Brian Lara is confident about defeating the Aussies in the 20/20 series coming up in the Carribean.

brianlara8ko.jpg

_________

Thanks for the replies guys! :cheers

Left_Hander said:
I have a history assignment due though. School is more important so that will be first priorty.

its all about priorities LH. you can school anytime. :p:p

First 20/20 match gets underway!

Welcome to Trinidad for this first 20/20 match between Australia and the West Indies.

Here are the sides:

Australia:

A Gilchrist
S Katich
R Ponting
D Martyn
A Symonds
P Jaques
B Hogg
S Clark
N Bracken
G McGrath

West Indies:

C Galye
S Chanderpaul
R Sarwan
B Lara
R Powell
D Symthe
R Jacobs
I Bradshaw
R Rampaul
C Colleymore
P Collins

The toss

Sarwan tosses. Ponting calls heads. Australia win the toss.

RP: We'll have a bat. Pitch looks nice and flat and in 20/20 usually the team who bats first wins.

RS: We would have wanted to bat, but we will have to make to with what we have got, so we are going to do our best in the field.

SO Australia have won the toss and elected to bat.

-----------------------------

Stay tuned updates coming up! :cheers

Australia finish their 20 overs. Score: 8/144

Australia fininshed their 20 overs with the score of 8 for 144. Their was a part of the inngins when they did have a bit of a collaspe, but Ponting and Katich helped and some good shots and got Australia out of trouble.

Stand Out Performers - Australia:

Ponting: 50 runs of 44 deliveries
Katich: 38 runs off 19 deliveries
Clark: 16 runs off 6 balls

Stand Out Performers - West Indies:

Sarwan: 2/5
Collins: 2/18
Bradshaw: 2/30

Below: Ponting playing one of his superb shots to get to his 50. He got out next ball.

---------------------

Sorry guys. I would have put up wicket by wicket updates, but I forget to write down the fall of wicket when I was playing the game.

Attachments

• Ricky Ponting.jpg
    Ricky Ponting.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
are you aware that australia are only playing 10 players???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread