Story Australia vs West Indies - Tests and 20/20 (RPIC - PS2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited Darren Lehman to Phil Jaques. For Bracken and Hussey, I made them on career player. Thanks for the replies! :cheers

EDIT: Just to let you know, I have not neglected this story. I am unfortuanetly having a busy week and can't get a game done. Should finish the 20/20 on Friday/Saturday.

:cheers,
Left_Hander

Last edited:
Windies start slow - 1/21

Chris Galye has departed and the Windies are one down in this 20/20 match.
8.4 overs has passed and the score is 1/21. Gayle scored 14 runs off 33 balls and that makes it a strike rate of 42.4. Very dissapointing for a player who likes to score his runs at a fast pace.

Description of the wicket: Hogg delivered a chinaman to Gayle on middle stump and Gayle played a lofted shot down to fine leg and Stuart Clark could have taken it with his eyes closed.

Below: Chris Gayle plays one of his shots before departing for 14.

Attachments

• Chirs Gayle.jpg
    Chirs Gayle.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Chanderpaul goes - Windies not sticking with the Required Run Rate - 2/43

Overs to go: 5.3 (15.3 overs bowled)

Caught: Phil Jaques
Bowled: Stuart Clark

Chanderpaul's Inngins Stats

21 runs off 49 deliveries
Strike Rate: 42.8

Gayle: 14 (33)
Chanderpaul: 21 (49)

Descripiton of the wicket: Clark was bowling around the wicket and pithced the ball on off-stump and Chanderpaul accpeted the offer and he skied it straight to Jaques who lapped it up at fine leg. It was Clark's final over as well.

Below: Chanderpaul was on song for his side till Clark snared him with a great delivery.

Attachments

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul - Batting.jpg
    Shivnarine Chanderpaul - Batting.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 38
Windies back to the poor form..... But one shd accept the great bolwing form Aussies!!!!
Go on Aussies!!!!

Well done!!!!
Cheers

Thanks for not negelecting my story. Really appreciate it. Updates this weekend. I have already played the game it's that I haven't updated it yet.

Left_Hander said:
Thanks for not negelecting my story. Really appreciate it. Updates this weekend. I have already played the game it's that I haven't updated it yet.

It's the least we can do considering you post in just about every story thread here :)

Yeah I love reading the story threads. They are great especially your's and Surrendar's. Unfortuanetly you guys are my only readers. :crying :mad:. Plus reading the stories is any easy way to get your posts up. :) :D.

Updates in a minute!

Left_Hander

P.S: Did I give you reps Cricket_60 for reading my thread? Cause I want to.
Thanks Cricket_60 and Surrendar for reading my story! :clap

Two things - Be honest please:
Should I type out - Description of wicket OR just write out how the batsman got out?
Should I continue this story as no-one is reading it?

:happy 400TH POST! :happy
------------------------------------
Sarwan fails as Windies are in deep trouble - 3/44

Over Mark: 16.5
Overs: 3.1

Ramnaresh Sarwan: OUT
Caught:Ponting
Bowled: Bracken

FOW:3/44

Sarwan's Inngins Stats:

8 runs off 19 deliveries faced
Strike Rate: 42.1

Descripition of the wicket: Bracken bowled a shortish delivery and Sarwan cut it to Ponting who was at backward point. Ponting is very safe underneath the ball and it showed coming fowards to take a brilliant diving catch.

Below: Sarwan plays one of his few shots before Bracken got him out when he was on 8.

Attachments

• Ramnaresh Sarwan.jpg
    Ramnaresh Sarwan.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Cool rossy. Thanks for that. Can you please give me some feedback please, when you can.

:cheers everyone. My morale is boosted now. More than 2 people wre reading my story. Updates in a minute.

Leftie

Cricket_60: What is Cricinfo style? An explantion would be well appreciated.

---------------------------
McGrath gets his bunny - 4/56

Over bowled: 19:2
Overs left: 0.4

For some Lara is the King of batting in modern times, though McGrath made him look like a peasant with a very good delivery.

Lara OUT:
Caught Stuart Clark
Bowled: Glenn McGrath

Lara's Innings Statiscs:

3 runs off 10 deliveries
Strike Rate: 30

The ball was a bit short and Lara tried to hit it for 6 and unfortunatley for some regarded as the best since Bradman hit it straight to Clark who took it at ankle-height. McGrath shows he has still got it as he shows why he is the world's best fast bowler and snaring his favourite batsman to get out, Brian Lara.

The West Indies managing to get 4/57 and Australia won by 87 runs. Presentation and details up next!

Below: McGrath is jubilant after snaring Lara for a measly 3 runs.

Attachments

• Glenn McGrath.jpg
    Glenn McGrath.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Australian Bowling Card:

Key: Name/Overs/Maidens/Bowling Figures/Economy

S Clark: 4,1, 1/14, 3.5
G Mcgrath: 4, 3, 1/2, 0.5
B Hogg: 4, 1, 1/11, 2.75
A Symonds:4, 0, 0/17, 4.25

McGrath would definetly would be the pick of the bowlers for the Aussies.

West Indian Batting Card:

Key: Name/How Out/Score/Strike Rate

C Gayle: Caught Clark - Boweld Hogg, 14 off 33. 42.4
S Chanderpaul: Caught Jaques - Bowled Clark, 21 off 49, 42.8
R Sarwan: Caught Ponting - Bowled Bracken, 8 off 19, 42.1
B Lara: Caught Clark - Bowled McGrath, 3 off 10, 30
R Powell: NOT OUT, 10 off 6, 166.6
D Smith: NOT OUT, 1 off 3, 33.3

Chanderpaul the only one to make a real score.

-----------------

Thanks for all the replies guys :cheers

WOW.... McGrath's bowling figures are excellent!!!! WI cannot withhold Aussies bolwing attack!!!! Well done Aussies and McGrath!!!!! :clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread