Australia

Well, Clarke was expected to as he's one of the better players of spin in the aussie lineup. He uses his feet well.

What about Trott and Broad vs Pakistan who went from 102-7 to 434-8

LOL . That comment i posted earlier was about the Australian's nature of bowling to the tailenders . What you have mentioned here involves England & Pakistan . Nevertheless , this was easily the best fightback by a team that lost more than 7 wickets . Its seriously gonna take some catching .

LOL . That comment i posted earlier was about the Australian's nature of bowling to the tailenders . What you have mentioned here involves England & Pakistan . Nevertheless , this was easily the best fightback by a team that lost more than 7 wickets . Its seriously gonna take some catching .

Yeah I didn't see any of the pages before your post, I thought you meant tailenders in general. I should have realised as it is the Australia thread lol

Probably some off field issues, but there were rumours of Krejza and Hauritz having the same ones, yet they've been picked again. Then again, I think any spinner could get picked these days. I do think Hodge would lose any 50-50 decisions the selectors make though, just because he's been vocal in questioning them. At the same time, I think if Hodge was 10 years younger he'd have no problem getting into the team.

Hauritz and Krezja were more issues with their bowling, one too attacking and one too defensive. Hence they were both picked for ODIs but you didn't see them in Test cricket instead they went to Beer. On Hodge age shouldn't be an issue for the WC, we can rebuild after it but if hes in the best 15 then he should have gone to the WC.

Australia's Uniform is EMBARRASSING.

Australia's bowling attack is a worry. Johnson, Lee, Tait, Hastings in one team. The most accurate is Hastings and he can't even be a genuine wicket taker. Bollinger is most likely for that job. There is too much pace in Australia.

Also what happened to Starc, Hazlewood and Copeland??

Australia missed a trick by replacing Hussey. He could have been fit after 2 or 3 games. They gonna miss him against good spinners. I dont think Callum is in the same league when it comes to playing good spin bowling

Actually i think Ferguson is. I remember him facing Ajmal/Afridi/Malik on some real turners vs PAK in UAE 2009 & he certainly played the spin fairly competently.

Ferguson played well in the 2009 OD series against England. Swann was bowling regulary to him and he didn't look in trouble at the slightest. I expect its more to do with the pitches then the type of bowling.

Does anyone know whether Bollinger or Ferguson is playing??

I say DUMP White for Ferguson.

Hussey to play Shield match as Australia open Cup campaign

Selectors wouldn't look too good if he plays and makes it through alright.

Haha OMG. Now this has gotten ridiculous now, some serious misunderstanding must have gone on here between selectors & physio then.

Since as we have seen, Ponting was fit enough to play both warm-ups, thus that meant 14 players where fully fit. So their was no reason why they couldn't take Hussey & give him time like did with Symonds in the 2007 WC. SMFH HILDITCHHHHHHHH:facepalm

Just read that Ponting damaged the lcd tv in the dressing room after his run out yesterday.I hope action is taken against him and he is banned. Absolute disgraceful behavior by the Australians again.

A ban would be too harsh. But some action would be taken. If I am not mistaken Sreesanth too created havoc in the West Indies when we crashed out of Round 1 last time round and he was duly punished.

Users who are viewing this thread