Australia

Article suggest Hussey, obviously missed the rule which states you can't call back a replaced player. Anyway has to be a bowler, wonder if they will go a spinner. Doherty is playing again as if O'Keefe.

Please select Nannes Cricket Australia, and before Sunday would be nice ;)

Difficult decision. I would go for Hussey, and if either of the 3 quicks gets injured, then call Nannes.

I will love to see Mr. Cricket back in action, but we are short of bowlers, so if we have an option, get a bowling allrounder. O'Keefe or Dan Christian would be perfect.

I like the idea of trading the pace spot for a spinner. With their current structure, they have a spare seamer, but no spare spinner. The question is if there is a spare spinner who is worth it.

I like the idea of trading the pace spot for a spinner. With their current structure, they have a spare seamer, but no spare spinner. The question is if there is a spare spinner who is worth it.

The answer to that is clear no. If god forbin one of Lee/Tait/Johnson where to get injured, the sensible tactic is to continue with the successful 3-man pace attack tactic & pick another cutting edge seamer, which is AUS strength.

Hastings isn't really a direct spare seamer-up seamer either to main pace trio either - Bollinger is that which AUS have now lost. Playing hastings as replacement to one of main pace trio would decrease the attacks cutting edge strength (although he will aid in making the batting even longer which is that bad). But AUS dont have to go down that road since they have a quality seamer in Nannes fit & ready to call up.

Yeah, let's lock it down and say the selectors will probably wait to watch Doherty and the Victorian seamers on Sunday before making a move.

----------

Maybe Hilfy too.

Really should be a 3 horse race between Pattinson, Nannes and Doherty. Siddle and Hilfy shouldn't even be close.

This is the chance CA can get Hussey back in the side . White has been dreadful , donno what to make of his replacement Fergie , so Hussey fits the jigsaw puzzle perfectly !

Just read that Ponting damaged the lcd tv in the dressing room after his run out yesterday.I hope action is taken against him and he is banned. Absolute disgraceful behavior by the Australians again.

Give us a spell.

Really should be a 3 horse race between Pattinson, Nannes and Doherty. Siddle and Hilfy shouldn't even be close.

Indeed.

----------

Hussey in line to replace Bollinger | Cricket World Cup 2011, Live Cricket | Fox Sports

I just thought about this. I remember in the NZ game Ponting in the field was looking a bit troubled by that finger.

So i wonder if the selectors could TRY a tell the ICC that they feel they might need a replacement for Ponting since they fear he could become a casualty, along with having a fast bowling replacement for Bollinger (Nannes hopefully). Thus BOTH Hussey & Nannes could get picked.

He seemed alright when he came out to bat. Given his form so far, I wouldn't want to be losing him anyway. The guy that needs to cop an injury is White.

Users who are viewing this thread