Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

TumTum

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Most likely some of our bowlers will be effected by injury so either way our ODI bowling attack is looking handsome :D

lethalhughes

Club Cricketer
Unfortuantely yea it think Harris may have to be the quick to miss out. This would be my Best AUS WC XI:

Watson
Haddin
Ponting
Clarke
White
M Hussey
Smith
Hopes
Johnson
Bollinger
Tait

Backups: Paine, D Hussey, Harris, Haurtiz

Although its the sub-continent (IND especially) i think AUS can get away with not playing Hauritz. In past ODI series AUS have played in IND this 2000s era (2001, TVS Cup 2003, CT 2006, 2007, 2009) along with the first 3 IPL tournaments. Indian pitches at least in ODIs tend to have more batting beauties - than turners TBF. Maybe the matches AUS play in Sri Lanka or Bangladesh they may have to play Hauritz though, since alot of slow turners are present their.

Youcan't drop Hauritz with the World Cup is in the sub continent plus he has done very well in odi so far.My World cup 11 would be

1.Watto
2.Haddin
3.Ponting
4.Clarke
5.White
6.Hussey
7.Hopes/Smith( got to be one of Hopes or Smith , you can't have both in the team imo).
8.Johnson
9.Hauritz
10.Bollinger
11.Tait
with Harris unlucky to miss out.Quite interesting that Bollinger's place in the odi team seems cemented according to most including myself.I think Bollinger is a gun in odi cricket.

By the way guys today is my birthday.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Youcan't drop Hauritz with the World Cup is in the sub continent plus he has done very well in odi so far.My World cup 11 would be

1.Watto
2.Haddin
3.Ponting
4.Clarke
5.White
6.Hussey
7.Hopes/Smith( got to be one of Hopes or Smith , you can't have both in the team imo).
8.Johnson
9.Hauritz
10.Bollinger
11.Tait
with Harris unlucky to miss out.Quite interesting that Bollinger's place in the odi team seems cemented according to most including myself.I think Bollinger is a gun in odi cricket.

By the way guys today is my birthday.

For reasons i gave in the last post about conditions in IND in past AUS ODI series their in the last decade i do believe AUS can risk not playing Haurtiz & indeed play both Smith & Hopes.

Haurtiz is respectable ODI spinner, he is not of a Swann, Vettori, Ajmal quality. Some days he may bowl well, some days opposition may smoke him. But he certainly isn't indespensible.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hopes bowling can also be pretty hit and miss so the difference between him and Hauritz is pretty minimal. I'd start off with Hauritz and bring Hopes in if needed.

opteron

School Cricketer
Bollinger is a very good bowler with a fast action and I can see him troubling a lot of the Indian batsmen especially getting a few LBW's along the way. He seems to be very deceptive and a great find for Australia. It will also be interesting how Ponting copes this time around in India given his lack of form in recent times and the added pressure of playing in India although his tour showing showed signs of improvement.

Recently Ponting seems to be padding up way too much and has gotten in trouble and if improves on his lunging forward to the spinners especially Harbhajan, then he should have a successful tour this time around.

Robelinda

International Coach
Gosh, two 20 year old bowlers now join the tour, Starc and Pattinson, we are really throwing some young uns at the deep end these days, good to see, but its not great that so many slightly older bowlers are injured, dont want a pace attack rocking up for a test match that are all under 21.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hard luck to Hazelwood, probably wasn't going to get a match anyway. Should open the door for one of those two bowlers to make their debut in the ODI side.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Tough luck for Hazlewood, I wanna see him play too. Especially how he would've fared against Indians.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
:banana2:banana2

MS Dhoni (capt. & wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Suresh Raina, Cheteshwar Pujara, M Vijay, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, Sreesanth and Amit Mishra

Cheteshwar Pujara the man hyped for so long might just make a debut but I think Dhoni will prefer Raina over him.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
So darn happy for Pujara. Everyone talks about how he's one of the most hardworking guys in domestic cricket, and great to see him finally get called up! Long overdue this call-up for Pujara. Probably won't get a game in this series, but he should get an opportunity down the line eventually.

Love the look of that Rest of India side that will play Mumbai in the Irani Cup as well.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I feel really sorry for Rahane who should have got it last year, but really happy for Pujara.
but I don't think that'll fetch him any test, Raina is the better choice and will perform better.

My lineup will go like this.

1.Virender Sehwag
2.Gautam Gambhir/Murali Vijay(if Gauti fails in 1st test, vijay's doing fine)
3.Rahul Dravid
4.Sachin Tendulkar
5.VVS Laxman
6.Suresh raina
7.MS Dhoni
8.Harbhajan Singh
9.Zaheer Khan
10.S Sreesanth
11.Ishant Sharma/Ojha(depending upon situation, though I'll prefer sharma for 1st test)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread