Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I think we'll see Warner in the next game; not merely to launch the innings, but to get any runs at all. The question is who else opens. Marsh is probably worth more runs than Paine, but on form, perhaps it's a dead heat. Whether he opens or not, Paine has to be picked, Marsh does not.

If they want to give the whole squad a run, then it could potentially be Clarke to open with Warner, leaving Marsh and Smith to make way for Warner and Ferguson.

Certainly, if Doug is fit to play, then it would be safe enough to rotate both Hopes and Smith out of the side. Unfortunately they might stiff one of the quicks, which is a slap in the face considering how they bowled.

The failing of this attack is where they had to let the pressure off in the middle. There were a lot of runs in the pitch and they probably bowled better than their opponents, but Australian teams will not look at it that way. They will be thinking about how to take wickets and rise above the pitch; this is one of the reasons why Australia have usually defended against India in such chases.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Selectors took Gamble by sending Sehwag to Australian tour and it was just a hunch as Sehwag had done nothing of note in domestic cricket till then. I think we should pick Irfan for World Cup squad just like that.

SciD added 2 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

It was good that Smith did not feature in test series. Don't find him test match quality at all.

Was impressed by Hastings with ball and in field as well.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I agree with SCID there. If Irfan performs that would balance the indian line up greatly..
This would be my XI for the WC then

Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Kohli
Yuvraj
Raina
Dhoni
Irfan
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Praveen Kumar

Extras: Nehra,Uthappa,Yusuf,Ojha,Saurabh and Sreesanth

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I will take Nehra over Praveen. Praveen is very bad with his last spell and Nehra can produce a spell or two in whole tournament.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
I will take Ishant over both Nehra and Praveen :p

He is that kind of material who can lose us the match on his own

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
I only took Praveen over nehra for a variety in bowling attack. Else it would have been really one dimensional... I forgot about Ishant, infrom Ishant would walk into side over Praveen.

AngryPixel added 2 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Okay, so corrected squad is :

Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Kohli
Yuvraj
Raina
Dhoni
Irfan
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Ishant

If all of them are in from, this line up looks really formidable, Batting is ominous sign for weaker teams... Minnows would get ***** :p

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
No way Ishant is in. He is crap. Short and wide. He will leak 90 runs compared to Irfans 70.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ishant not a nice option tbhA

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
By the way, Some aussies are going nuts over Sachin...
Cricinfo quotes in last 3 days :

"I am sick of seeing Sachin scoring so many runs "
Michael Clarke is glad Sachin Tendulkar has been rested from the ODI series after he scored 403 in the two Tests
"Test cricket is bloody hard work, especially when you've got Sachin batting with what looks like a three-metre-wide bat"

Michael Hussey is another Australian sick of seeing Sachin Tendulkar rack up the runs

lol

subversive

Club Cricketer
This is what happens when you don't play Nohit Sharma and Jadeja, you actually manage to win :laugh

And why don't the selectors give Irfan a final try? People say he hasn't done anything of note in domestic cricket. But does that even matter when its Jadeja's spot you're talking about? Jadeja's the most useless all-rounder in history, Irfan surely can't be worse than him...

Last edited:

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
No way Ishant is in. He is crap. Short and wide. He will leak 90 runs compared to Irfans 70.

Lmao, love it how us Indian fans compare our best bowlers on how many runs they will leak whereas everyone else would compare theirs on how many wickets they would take.

:laugh

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I think we'll see Warner in the next game; not merely to launch the innings, but to get any runs at all. The question is who else opens. Marsh is probably worth more runs than Paine, but on form, perhaps it's a dead heat. Whether he opens or not, Paine has to be picked, Marsh does not.

If they want to give the whole squad a run, then it could potentially be Clarke to open with Warner, leaving Marsh and Smith to make way for Warner and Ferguson.

Certainly, if Doug is fit to play, then it would be safe enough to rotate both Hopes and Smith out of the side. Unfortunately they might stiff one of the quicks, which is a slap in the face considering how they bowled.

The failing of this attack is where they had to let the pressure off in the middle. There were a lot of runs in the pitch and they probably bowled better than their opponents, but Australian teams will not look at it that way. They will be thinking about how to take wickets and rise above the pitch; this is one of the reasons why Australia have usually defended against India in such chases.

Interesting to see Ferguson got bumped out of the XI. I thought the selectors would have been very keen to get him some cricket, with an eye on a potential outside shot at an Ashes spot. But I guess he was the sacrificial lamb once the selectors realised that there wasn't a 6th bowling option without playing all 3 of Hopes, Hastings and Smith. I'd be thinking hard about Warner or even Hopes at the top instead of Marsh for the 3rd game given the poor start - both would be more assertive at the top. Smith may not be required either depending on what kind of bowling Pup wants available, and maybe Bollinger will be ready. So I'd have something like:
Hopes/Warner/Marsh
Paine
Clarke
Hussey
White
Ferguson
Smith/Hopes
Hastings
Hauritz
McKay
Starc/Bollinger

TumTum

International Cricketer
Well this has to be the biggest wake-up call for Clarke. You usually don't see a team lose when they only lost 3 wickets and have a centurion finish not out.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Interesting to see Ferguson got bumped out of the XI. I thought the selectors would have been very keen to get him some cricket, with an eye on a potential outside shot at an Ashes spot. But I guess he was the sacrificial lamb once the selectors realised that there wasn't a 6th bowling option without playing all 3 of Hopes, Hastings and Smith. I'd be thinking hard about Warner or even Hopes at the top instead of Marsh for the 3rd game given the poor start - both would be more assertive at the top. Smith may not be required either depending on what kind of bowling Pup wants available, and maybe Bollinger will be ready. So I'd have something like:
Hopes/Warner/Marsh
Paine
Clarke
Hussey
White
Ferguson
Smith/Hopes
Hastings
Hauritz
McKay
Starc/Bollinger

Ye AUS need an extra bowling options. This is why just for the final game, id open with Hopes or Clarke himself:

Hopes/Clarke
Paine
Clarke
Hussey
White
Ferguson
Smith
Hastings
Bollinger
Starc
McKay

If Clarke opens. Ferguson to bat @ 3.

Robelinda

International Coach
Well this has to be the biggest wake-up call for Clarke. You usually don't see a team lose when they only lost 3 wickets and have a centurion finish not out.

The bowling was pretty rank though too. At least they didnt have that pie chucker Hazelwood in there. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread