Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

no amount of coaching will help them overcome the sheer terror and fear that all Indians have against the short ball. As for competition, I have no problem admitting that RSA are better than us. They are definitely better than you too though. (Dont quote me about when they were over there and Sehwags 300, a monkey could make a 300 on those indian pitches)

No monkey makes as many 300's as Sehwag. And making a 300 is an achievement no matter what type of a pitch it is. A 100 could be passed off as a fluke or to the pitch, but for a 300, the guy needs to have loads of patience and determination which Sehwag had. If he scored 300, he deserves it.

No monkey makes as many 300's as Sehwag. And making a 300 is an achievement no matter what type of a pitch it is. A 100 could be passed off as a fluke or to the pitch, but for a 300, the guy needs to have loads of patience and determination which Sehwag had. If he scored 300, he deserves it.

yea your a bit late to this party, I have already redacted my monkey statement.

yea your a bit late to this party, I have already redacted my monkey statement.

redacted? whats that? and i still see that post of yours there and i dont see any other posts where you are doing any "redacted" stuff. and i am not offended or anything by what you posted. i was just posting my counter argument, thats all. no worries!

I hereby redact (withdraw, remove) my statement about a monkey being able to score a triple century in subcontinental conditions. It is no easy feat to do so in a test match, let alone against an attack like South Africa's.

I hereby redact (withdraw, remove) my statement about a monkey being able to score a triple century in subcontinental conditions. It is no easy feat to do so in a test match, let alone against an attack like South Africa's.

Another thing people don't consider is the climate/temperature. It's just unbearable and to stick it out for that long is an amazing feat in itself. It's very physically draining so it makes it much harder to concentrate.

Sorry to all Indians but I've had enough of playing them. That'll be for the 3rd straight year that we've played them. It's so annoying with all the controversies and the like.

I know this post is a couple of weeks old but I agree with this.

I don't think Mike Hussey is coming to India.

Its like the Hayden situation we had earlier this year, he didn't get picked for the ODIs which was a clear sign we were moving on from him. Of course he made it easier by retiring, can't see Hussey doing the same.

Last time around Roy made all the difference. I don't see Watson doing that sort of damage as well. Maybe we will have good tight contest in ODIs after long time with Aussies.

Yeah we will have a good contest this time with the Aussies (maybe we might even start as favorites). But 7 ODI's are too long. 5 ODI's should be good.

This will be very interesting, a lot of these Aussie bowlers have not toured India IIRC, Hauritz, Siddle, Hilfy etc.

India are the favourites here. Home advantage + Stronger bowling. Both sides equal with the bat.

India are the favourites here. Home advantage + Stronger bowling. Both sides equal with the bat.

If Sehwag comes back (which he should ideally do), India will be strengthened heavily in batting. I dont think Sachin will play all the 7 ODI's. They should rotate between Sachin and Dravid (ie. if Dravid shows good form in the Champions trophy and the SL tri series).

India are easily favourites, our ODI side is on the down and lacks the big hitters. If we have to chase anything over 300 we are no hope.

Users who are viewing this thread