Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

Aus will miss Lee throughiut hte series, as he has been ruled out for whole series due to injury..While Australia have a replacement opener in Shaun Marsh to fill in for Paine, Marsh had impressed in IPL-1 ,lets see..

OK, India and South Africa are joint number two. Lets move onto India vs Australia now.:D

I think you're kinda right, but Australia shouldn't be clear number ones. The 3 sides are about equal right now IMHO. Australia's played a tough stretch of Test series in the last year (India, South Africa twice, then Ashes) and lost 3 of the 4 :(, but they have done better in ODIs than I expected.

India are possibly the most talented side, but they aren't very consistent and they really need to win some Tests IN South Africa before they start crowing too much. ODIs they look pretty good too, but again consistency and form away from home hasn't been there.

South Africa looked like a possible number one side, but their victory in the Tests in Australia were not as clear cut as the result says. They needed a big 4th innings in Perth, and had to rely on an injured Brett Lee and an innings of a lifetime from Dale Steyn in Melbourne to turn that game around. And then they couldn't win back in South Africa, not to mention their inability to perform in any big ODI tournaments.

So I very diplomatically move that all 3 are pretty equal right now...

Anyway, onto this series and while I know that Lee has been sent home, it pained me to read this article about Mitch Johnson on Cricinfo: Sore Johnson keeps going | Cricket News | India v Australia 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

It says, "Mitchell Johnson will push through the pain of a left-ankle strain to help Australia's injury-hit attack" and there's a quote from Mitch, ""I'd like a bit more [downtime]," Johnson said. "Obviously the international schedule is pretty intense at the moment and any chance we get to have a little bit of downtime or be home is great."

Reading that makes me annoyed that we're going to flog him in a stupid money driven series. I'd be sending Mitch home, stuff the attack - give some new guys a shot like Dougy and Hilfy and get them some experience in Indian conditions. They can talk all they want about the number one ranking and preparing for the World Cup, but honestly, no one will remember this series in a years time. Save Mitch please selectors :help

Now after 2nd Match India has A great chance to win the match and i would say for the 3rd Mtch

India 60 percent chance
Australia 40 percnet chance

Reading that makes me annoyed that we're going to flog him in a stupid money driven series. I'd be sending Mitch home, stuff the attack - give some new guys a shot like Dougy and Hilfy and get them some experience in Indian conditions. They can talk all they want about the number one ranking and preparing for the World Cup, but honestly, no one will remember this series in a years time. Save Mitch please selectors

Agree 100% plus Johnson is bowling like crap anyway so really all we are doing is pushing him to the point where he could challenge Mick Lewis.

India has a very good team, but they lost the Asia Cup and a series against Sri Lanka as well. (Not sure, but pretty positive) India did beat Australia, but their true test will be to beat South Africa in South Africa. If they can do that, then they can be called the best.

The Australian side which India faced when they toured Australia in 07/08 was a lot stronger to the one which SA played against in 08/09. The Australian side that India beat in the CB Series (also had SL as the third team) had Hayden and Gilchrist in the side and Brett Lee was in great rhythm all summer that season. We all know what sort of impact Gilchrist and Hayden could make at the top in ODI cricket.

I would rate India beating Australia in the 2008 CB Series as a far bigger achievement than that of SA beating Australia in 09. And don`t forget that SA have`nt beaten India in India for some time either, so SA`s tour to India this summer will be a cracker. As for ODI cricket, it would be wrong to suggest that India have`nt been consistent enough. Ever since Dhoni took over as captain, we`ve beaten NZ in NZ, Australia in Australia, West Indies in West Indies, Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka (thrice in 12 months) whilst beating Pakistan and England at home. Our only blemish has been the ICC Champions Trophy performance but even that was just one defeat and maybe the Asia Cup final.

The Australian side which India faced when they toured Australia in 07/08 was a lot stronger to the one which SA played against in 08/09. The Australian side that India beat in the CB Series (also had SL as the third team) had Hayden and Gilchrist in the side and Brett Lee was in great rhythm all summer that season. We all know what sort of impact Gilchrist and Hayden could make at the top in ODI cricket.

I would rate India beating Australia in the 2008 CB Series as a far bigger achievement than that of SA beating Australia in 09. And don`t forget that SA have`nt beaten India in India for some time either, so SA`s tour to India this summer will be a cracker. As for ODI cricket, it would be wrong to suggest that India have`nt been consistent enough. Ever since Dhoni took over as captain, we`ve beaten NZ in NZ, Australia in Australia, West Indies in West Indies, Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka (thrice in 12 months) whilst beating Pakistan and England at home. Our only blemish has been the ICC Champions Trophy performance but even that was just one defeat and maybe the Asia Cup final.

bit of a joke is'nt it??? Indians were throughly outplayed in test series and most of the part in the CB series until the final.

No way one could compare that with RSA beating Aus because they completely owned them

braguvaran added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

lmfao Mick Lewis.

Moises should debut tonight, hopefully he does well. :)

hopefully he plays some brave cricket and takes the attack to the oppostition instead of being nervous like white or voges!!

Anything over 260 would be hard to chase but apparently anything near 250 would be hard to score until someone play special inning. So I still believe toss has nothing to do with advantage except it might play as mental advantage, batting first.
Losing the toss will be best result for either captain.

It looks like Ponting's opening, Marsh isn't playing, Henriques is batting at six, Johnson at seven and Manou at eight for whatever reason. Bollinger's replacing Hilfy, no spot for Holland.

Thanks God, No Hilfenhaus :D Bollinger shopuld have played from the 2nd match instead of Haus. I just hope Manou can do some decent job with the keeping.

Users who are viewing this thread