Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

No marsh, that means who will open with Watto ?? Manou or White or Hussey ?

FWIW

1. SR Watson,
2. RT Ponting (c),
3. CL White,
4. MEK Hussey,
5. AC Voges,
6. MC Henriques,
7. MG Johnson,
8. GA Manou (wk),
9. NM Hauritz,
10. PM Siddle,
11. DE Bollinger.

India should keep Australia to under 200 here,if we need to have any chance chasing. :)

It looks like Ponting's opening, Marsh isn't playing,

I think Australia missed a trick here. Marsh should have played. It would have been reasonable gamble with Marsh opening the batting. Not only that He played in Indian before but as Ravi said it could have given Australia right and left handed combination. You know with someone like Nehra, you can disturb his line early in the innings. It would be more easy to bowl to two right handers. Also it would be hard to recover for Australia, if they will lose Ponting early.

I was really looking forward to seeing Marsh opening. Poor guy... didn't do anything to lose his spot. Scored 20 odd in quick time, when the match was already lost.

Why isn't Marsh opening! Nooooooo. Really wanted him to open today. Shame.

Looks like we'll be having a bat first. Awesome.

I mean, its great that they are giving the future of Australian ODi cricket a go ;), but I wouldn't totally remove Marsh from the side for Henriques. At least give him a go at the helm.

If Watto' fails once more here we should play Marsh instead in the next match. Was thinking about getting rid of White if he gets out cheaply here but he showed a lot of promise at the top order in Australia's ODi squad previously until they demoted him down the order.

Users who are viewing this thread