Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

If Watto' fails once more here we should play Marsh instead in the next match. Was thinking about getting rid of White if he gets out cheaply here but he showed a lot of promise at the top order in Australia's ODi squad previously until they demoted him down the order.

That's a bit harsh. He scored two very good unbeaten centuries against England and New Zealand in the Champions Trophy.

That's a bit harsh. He scored two very good unbeaten centuries against England and New Zealand in the Champions Trophy.

Yes, but he got 3 ducks beforehand. Sure he made back-to-back centuries, but I'd rather opt for a player consistently scoring 30-40 runs per inning over a 'hit and miss' batman that isn't consistent.

Dhoni's luck with the tosses have run out. He seems to constantly lose them these days.:noway

Ponting opening?? Wow, thats a new thing... And he has made a decent start so far. We need to restrict them to 200 odd or else we would be having a tough game. I feel its going to be Australia's game here.

The new stands at Ferozshah Kotla look so ugly. They could not have come up with an uglier looking structure than this.

But this is now - against India. The way are bowling seems to be going we need a solid batting line-up which can pile on the runs. But I doubt he'll have another bad day again today. 5, 19 and currently 7*. Hopefully he can and will get a 50 or even 100 today. He does seem to be looking solid apart from that opening over which I did sort of see his vulnerability to be LBW'ed.

By the way, you are talking about Watto' right?

This is the worst looking stadium in India at the moment. Even the ones at Vizag and Indore look better.

Every opening partnership needs one hit and miss guy, who will either give you a amazing knock or get out early, and the other batsman needs to consistently give you a good start. We had this in South Africa for a while, with Gibbs and Smith. Gibbs was a very hit and miss player, and on his day he was simply destructive. Smith was much more consistent, and would almost always provide some sort of start and base for the middle and lower order. Australia also had this with Gilchrist and Hayden. Hayden was a bit more consistent, but both were class players in their own right. Australia just need somebody there with Watson who can provide consistently, so Watson can be his free-flowing self. Marsh seems like the best bet from what I have seen of him. Hell even Katich could be a choice, but I don't think they will re-call him into the ODI side.

Last edited:
lol. What the hell is with that certain part of the stadium where its just like wonky :p

Architectural appeal fail :p

EDIT: F_S, what would be your preferred Australian XI?

Every opening partnership needs one hit and miss guy, who will either give you a amazing knock or get out early, and the other batsman needs to consistently give you a good start. We had this in SOuth Africa for a while, with Gibbs and Smith. Gibbs was a very hit and miss player, and on his day he was simply destructive. Smith was much more consistent, and would almost always provide some sort of start and base for the middle and lower order. Australia also had this with Gilchrist and Hayden. Hayden was a but more consistent, but both were class players in their own right., Australia just need somebody there with Watson who can provide consistently, so Watson can be his free-flowing self. Marsh seems like the best bet from what I have seen of him. Hell even Katich could be a choice, but I don't think they will re-call him into the ODI side.

Yes, at the current time Watson has been bloody useless.

Australia wins the toss. I can't see India successfully chasing 200+ . Bowler have to restrict australia under 200.

I don't see any harm in chasing even 240-250. Track is not so bad honestly. No sideways movement, not much of a swing and decent bounce. Ponting's cover drive early in the innings showed that ball is still coming on the bat even on front foot with a fast outfield and that is all a stroke maker needs. I feel India would place themselves on back foot mentally while chasing 250+. It is hard to restrict Australia under 200. As longs the conditions remain approximately the same in both innings India can chase anything. Both sides are equally affected. This is not the worst pitch for ODI, the worst pitch is one where the conditions from innings to innings (like in Test matches) change so much that it becomes a case of "Win the toss, win the match".

Whats the pitch like? As we are going real slow so far. Watson for his attacking nature, really does take him time to get in.

The Indians starting to choke up the Aussies a little. That should be the way to go. Build up the pressure,and pick up the wickets. :)

Whats the pitch like? As we are going real slow so far. Watson for his attacking nature, really does take him time to get in.

Pitch is staying low as hell. Ponting and Watson are taking their sweet time adjusting to it.

Users who are viewing this thread