Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

GO INDIA !!!!!:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2

1-1 Soon 6-1 !!!

Australia's nightmare of india instead of tour....finally dhoni played a great innings

By making 350 on one of the flattest pitches in recent memory, against a deflated and injured Australian side?

Wow so australia also has excuses ready if they lose this series? Injured players, excessive cricket, bad floodlights etc etc. Whenever india play to its potential some guys start taking the credit away from indian team. Where were you guys when india was without zaheer, sehwag and yuvi in Champions Trophy?

And some guys talk as if india have beaten the australians for the first time in cricket. They should go and check if there is any team who has beaten strong australian team and gave them tough competition in the past one decade thats India. And by strong i mean the team that had hayden, gilly, mcgrath, warne, gillespie, martyn and langer.

Even Bhajji and Praveen Kumar were hitting aussie bowlers in the first match. :laugh

boney_g added 8 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

After they get bowled out under 200 in the 3rd match are you going to redact?

Id much rather take the Saffer/Aussie line up any day.

In India, they might be the strongest, but most definitely not in all conditions.

Who won the CB series in Australia in 2008? :)

boney_g added 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Australia are missing Clarke and Haddin. Haddin is an explosive opener, and can be more trusted upon that Paine, thus letting the other players play more freely. Clarke can bat fast, but he usually isn't required too, thus he plays the anchoring role most of the time. He takes the pressure off Ponting and Hussey. They were missing the services off Brett Lee and Nathan Bracken, who are both one of the best ODI bowlers in the world right now. Australia definitely missed Lee's yorkers in the death overs, as well as Bracken's variations in the death overs as well. India scored 200 runs in their last 25 overs. If Lee and Bracken had been there, I can confidently say that would not have been the case. Ferguson is also injured, and he was one of the better players of spin in the team. Also how was the pitch not flat? The ball came onto the bat nicely and the bounce could be trusted. You could play across the line without too much risk. There was some turn for Jadeja at the end, but other than that it wasn't anything unplayable. Hell Hilfenhaus looked like he could probably score a half-century on that pitch...Australia were missing some important players which created more pressure for the likes of Ponting, Watson, Hussey etc, thus them making only 250 in reply. If they were fully healthy, then the target would be around 300, and Australia would have probably chased it down.
:laugh:laugh:laugh What crap. Australia won the champions trophy and the first match with almost the same team. You didnt complain then?

India didnt play well in T20 and Champion trophy becoz they were not fully fit. Otherwise india would have won T20 and Champions Trophy. Howzaatt? Talk some sense dude. ;)

boney_g added 4 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Your fast bowlers all had good bounce and carry and troubled the Indian batsmen with some of the short pitched deliveries. Ishant got Watson with a kicker of a delivery.

As with the injuries, its a case of 'if's and but's. Even we can say that had Zaheer Khan been fit, Australia wouldnt have touched 200 yesterday because Zaheer is invaluable in all formats and his presence also gives Ishant more freedom to attack and he revels in such situations. Had Sehwag and Yuvraj been there for the CT, we might have won the CT. Had Sehwag and Zaheer been there for the T20 World Cup, we might have won that too. Can keep on saying like this..... Dont bring the Champions League in here. Didnt the likes of Lee, Hauritz, Ponting, etc know that the CLT20 will end very close to the ODI series? Moreover, Brett Lee hasnt played as much in recent times. He missed the whole Ashes, and I guess he didnt play the whole ODI series against England (I guess, didnt follow it). As opposed to Kirsten's grouse about the IPL this year where our players are playing non-stop before it, Lee hasnt played that much.

Ishant isnt in his top form. Irfan Pathan is out due to injury. Zaheer isnt in the squad either. Yuvi was coming after an injury. Sachin was rusty.

If you want more excuses i can give you. :)

Bottomline :- India won convincingly against the Aussies in Nagpur. ;)

Last edited:
I have not seen Mcgrath bowl that well in death overs. I thought he was not a great death bowler. Only good death overs Australian bowler that comes to my mind is Ian Harvey. Brett Lee is also a good death bowlers.

McGrath always bowled in the death overs and he was brilliant at it. His record 381 wickets at 22 for an economy of 3.81. You don't keep that sort of record by being crap at the death.

McGrath always bowled in the death overs and he was brilliant at it. His record 381 wickets at 22 for an economy of 3.81. You don't keep that sort of record by being crap at the death.

I never said he bowled crap. He was good but not great in death overs. Let me put it another way. Waqas younis was a great bowler with 416 wickets at an average of 23.84. He was one hell of a reverse swing bowlers but for most of his career he got spanked with the new ball. I hope you get my point.
P.s. This is just my observation and may not be accurate. You may find stats to find out if my observation is correct but stats are just as likely to prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Aussies are missing players. They are allowed to loose games.

And when we miss a few players due to injuries, it is sour grapes are we are called as bad losers.:p

aditya123 added 5 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

I never said he bowled crap. He was good but not great in death overs. Let me put it another way. Waqas younis was a great bowler with 416 wickets at an average of 23.84. He was one hell of a reverse swing bowlers but for most of his career he got spanked with the new ball. I hope you get my point.
P.s. This is just my observation and may not be accurate. You may find stats to find out if my observation is correct but stats are just as likely to prove me wrong.

I felt exactly the same as you do on McGrath not being a great death bowler. His strength was to dent the opposition with the new ball, not saying that he was crap with the old ball but he was`nt as good as Wasim or Waqar in the slog overs. Maybe because we Indians saw a lot of those two bowling and destroying batting lineups in the death and winning games from almost hopeless causes.
You`d find that most Indian fans who have grown up watching cricket would be in awe of the Pakistani sides of the 90s and actually hold them in pretty high regard.
(Missing the India-Pakistan cricket of the 90s. It is`nt the same anymore. Maybe reviving cricket in the gulf would help bring it back)

Death bowling is not all about taking wickets, if you take 2 wickets but go for 50 runs in your last 2 overs then you haven't done your job. McGrath may not have taken many wickets at the death but as a captain you could always throw the ball to him and expect him to deliver. Very rarely were teams able to take to him at the death which is what makes him a great death bowler. It's the reason why Ponting stated "It has been (an issue) for a long time, ever since Pigeon (McGrath) moved on, bowling at the death," despite the fact we currently have the reverse swing of Brett Lee at the death.

Death bowling is not all about taking wickets, if you take 2 wickets but go for 50 runs in your last 2 overs then you haven't done your job. McGrath may not have taken many wickets at the death but as a captain you could always throw the ball to him and expect him to deliver. Very rarely were teams able to take to him at the death which is what makes him a great death bowler. It's the reason why Ponting stated "It has been (an issue) for a long time, ever since Pigeon (McGrath) moved on, bowling at the death," despite the fact we currently have the reverse swing of Brett Lee at the death.

Only proven way of limiting free scoring in death overs is bowling good yorkers and yorkers is guaranteed to earn wickets in last overs. I may be wrong but I have not seen Mcgrath bowl yorkers consistently. But you have seen more of him than me so i would not like to argue any further on this topic. He was arguably the greatest fast bowler to have graced a cricket field :hpraise.
Lets end it at that.:)

Sorry to keep going but I would like to answer this
I have not seen Mcgrath bowl yorkers consistently

McGrath was the master of bowling yorkers, if you told him to bowl a yorker on the 1st ball, 50th ball or 100th ball he would do it. Control was his specialty and the commentators always harped on about his ability to bowl yorker after yorker.

Anyway moving on, Lee and Hopes have been ruled out so will be interesting seeing if we go in with the extra bowling option in Henriques for a batter of stick with our 2nd ODI lineup with Manou for Paine.

How can I miss those Legends players :hpraise who are injured and not playing this match

BTW who are they?
Lee, Hopes, Haddin, Clarke, Ferguson, Bracken, Paine.

You may say they're not legends, but they're vital players for Australia.

If I'm not talking about what you're talking about, it's probably because I couldn't fully understand your post.

If I am correct most of these players played in last match but still they win by only 4 runs and they were not able to out Bhajji and Parveen (refereeing to Fatal Shot post)

Haddin.... Sheesh... he is worse than Dhoni was when he started keeping. He is rubbish and was the main reason why Australia lost the Border-Gavaskar test series in India in 2008 (apart from Gambhir's elbow, ofcourse) :p

rahuldravidfan added 4 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Wow so australia also has excuses ready if they lose this series? Injured players, excessive cricket, bad floodlights etc etc. Whenever india play to its potential some guys start taking the credit away from indian team. Where were you guys when india was without zaheer, sehwag and yuvi in Champions Trophy?

And some guys talk as if india have beaten the australians for the first time in cricket. They should go and check if there is any team who has beaten strong australian team and gave them tough competition in the past one decade thats India. And by strong i mean the team that had hayden, gilly, mcgrath, warne, gillespie, martyn and langer.

Even Bhajji and Praveen Kumar were hitting aussie bowlers in the first match. :laugh

boney_g added 8 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Who won the CB series in Australia in 2008? :)

boney_g added 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

:laugh:laugh:laugh What crap. Australia won the champions trophy and the first match with almost the same team. You didnt complain then?

India didnt play well in T20 and Champion trophy becoz they were not fully fit. Otherwise india would have won T20 and Champions Trophy. Howzaatt? Talk some sense dude. ;)

boney_g added 4 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Ishant isnt in his top form. Irfan Pathan is out due to injury. Zaheer isnt in the squad either. Yuvi was coming after an injury. Sachin was rusty.

If you want more excuses i can give you. :)

Bottomline :- India won convincingly against the Aussies in Nagpur. ;)

Those are awesome replies. And that is saying something ! :clap

Users who are viewing this thread