Bangladesh in Kenya/Zimbabwe

Well about Bangladesh dominating these two countries: currently Zimbabwe need only 11 runs of 18 balls to win the first ODI!

Chigumbura and Matsikenyeri are brilliant! I always knew Elton had talent, but Matsikenyeri has come good! Razzak and Rafique were dissapointing, and so was Wonderboy Ashraful.

Well Zimbabwe is edging closer, but they've lost a wicket though now. But they need only 5 runs of 10 balls now. A win would give them some confidence.

Utseya out!! Another 5 runs needed, another 3 wickets. Can Bangladesh pull this from the jaws of defeat? Chigumbura is the key here.

Mortaza gets another wicket. Two in a row. Now this gets interesting.

Higgins out, Mortaza on a Hattrick in his final over. 5 needed off 9, 2 more wickets to go...

No hattrick. 4 needed off 7, Chigumbura on strike. A dot ball might be crucial...

It's really close now.
Just a matter of keeping cool heads.
3 needed off 6 with two wickets in hand !

Boundary from Chigumbura!! That is it!! Zimbabwe have pulled off an astonishing win!! Matsikenyeri was brilliant!

Chigumbura hits a four of the first ball of the last over and Zimbabwe has won the match. Nice opening of the series.

It wasn't that bad series in the West Indies for them. That tour was meant for experience and some of the West Indies' wins weren't that convincing against Zimbabwe. For now it seems to have worked for them.

Matsikenyari and Chigumbura were brilliant, absolutely clinical. Here is hoping this wasn't a one off fluke (Well, we know it isn't a one off for Chigumbura...)
Mupariwa and Rainsford both also bowled well. Utseya was tight, and Masakadza picked up a few wickets. Also, Chigumbura didn't bowl. interesting, I think they are using him more as a batsman. Seems it has helped.
For Bangladesh, Nafees played a lone hand. Bashar and Rafique also batted well, and Wonderboy was dissapoiting. Razzak and Rafique didn't impress with the ball, and the partimers weren't great either. Aftab Ahmed had a poor game all over.

Zimbabwe are rebuilding well I see. Their youth are starting to make an impact. Mupariwa is bowling really well lately and Chigumbura looks like a talent with the bat. It's been a long time since I saw Matsikenyeri play ODI cricket. Good knock by him.

Mupiwara can apparantly swing the ball. His first two overs he did anyway

Users who are viewing this thread