Bangladesh in New Zealand

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
maybe, maybe not,
but afridi did it against murali,jaya and co

nowadays a batsman gets man of the hour awards for just managing to hit murali for 1 six

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
he got his of 19 balls, i think the fastest is 17 but im not sure.

The fastest ever half-century in ODI cricket is Sanath Jayasuriya's 17-baller against Pakistan.

The fastest ever, I'm not sure, but I'd think Yuvraj Singh's 12-ball accomplishment against England in the Twenty20 World Cup may possibly be it.

On further verification, it is almost certain that Yuvraj Singh shares this accomplishment with K Weeraratne who scored a 50 off 12 balls in a List A match in Sri Lankan Domestic Cricket, according to Cricinfo. They didn't have figures for fastest First Class 50s--though I'd doubt someone would beat it.

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The fastest ever half-century in ODI cricket is Sanath Jayasuriya's 17-baller against Pakistan.

The fastest ever, I'm not sure, but I'd think Yuvraj Singh's 12-ball accomplishment against England in the Twenty20 World Cup may possibly be it.

On further verification, it is almost certain that Yuvraj Singh shares this accomplishment with K Weeraratne who scored a 50 off 12 balls in a List A match in Sri Lankan Domestic Cricket, according to Cricinfo. They didn't have figures for fastest First Class 50s--though I'd doubt someone would beat it.

You can score fastest 50 in 9 deliveries minimum and Yuvi did it in 12 balls. Awesome.

Also he did it when there was no fielding restrictions in place. All other fastest 50's are in opening 15 overs in ODI when there are only 2 outside the ring.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors

LOL! The first wicket fell at 70, it was Kaluwitharana who got a duck and only faced 11 balls. Lol!

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Holy crap, thats savage. Stupid Sky Sports not being able to screen it. :(

Sky Sports couldn't afford to show this series as well as Australia v India and South Africa v West Indies. There is highlights at 4.00pm on Sky Sports HD1 (not in high definition).

Animator!

School Cricketer
Exactly. They just prioritised screening South Africa Vs The West Indies over this one day game. Tbf, it makes sense, there's been an awful lot of ODI's on sky in the past month or two so they naturally went with more tests to keep the fans happy.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Exactly. They just prioritised screening South Africa Vs The West Indies over this one day game. Tbf, it makes sense, there's been an awful lot of ODI's on sky in the past month or two so they naturally went with more tests to keep the fans happy.

They are also going to be doing more County Championship games when the season starts from what I heard.

Okay, back to topic.

International Coach
a very inept performance by bangladesh,they didnt even put up a semblance of a fight.

irottev

School Cricketer
There are highlights on youtube from someone else, saves me doing it.

I have mixed feelings about the test side they picked.

Matthew Bell,
Craig Cumming,
Mathew Sinclair,
Stephen Fleming,
Peter Fulton,
Brendon McCullum (wk),
Daniel Vettori,
Chris Martin,
Michael Mason,
Kyle Mills,
Iain O'Brien,
Jacob Oram.

Okay, first off, openers. I'm thrilled they picked Bell after his good form. Will be refreshing to see him have another crack. Cumming was an alright choice, but How is pretty unlucky to miss out. I'm glad they picked on domestic 4 day form over How's OD form for Bell though. I'm not convinced Cumming has played enough cricket yet. I guess Dunedin being his home ground helped him cause.

Iain O'Brien is terrible. He's utterly useless. Why wasn't Andre Adams picked? My only guess is because he refused to tour SA for the One Day games.

Thirdly, i'm glad Styris and Taylor don't get a spot. They didn't deserve one.

Users who are viewing this thread